Going to the water..

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by smoke, Oct 10, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well myself and shortbus are going to try one more time for another big fish hope the rain will stay away this time the last few have been wet trip but have not been skunked yet this year....knock on wood....was just woundering if anyone else was going out and if any of you have been having any luck.....keep you lines in the water

2. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    i went out friday night,cought a 21lb blue cat on a goldfish on bottom.it was wierd though.he didnt even run with it,he must have just sucked it up and layed down on the bottom.the baitclicker didnt even click.but good luck man.

3. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well we have several runns last night but i was the only one able to put the hook in one a 8.11# flatty....shortbus is still trying to get the monkey off his back the last few trips he has not been able to get a hook set into any...but he sure is a good net boy.......keep your lines in the water

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    havent been in 3 weeks hope to be on the water this week end if the ohio river stays down good luck fishing

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Don't worry,,, I'll get the monkey off my back. Kris you really need to change your name from SMOKE to "The purple flathead eater",LOL:wink: Inside joke all

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would love to hook an 8.11# flattie right now. All my trips have been cancelled lately. Haven't been in 3 weeks. Starting to get withdrawls.

7. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    I was going to go tonight but the guy I was going to go with had to work

8. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well shortbus was able to shake the monkey off his back tonight but only because he triped me when i was trying to get to the pole..he finnally got some hook setting tips from someone... really shortbus i will let you try to catch up before winter but don't think that will happen but there is slways next year...:lol:

9. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Kris, the reason I tripped you was because you did the "ellusive buck grunt" on my jacket the other day!!! Not just to catch the fish and make you net it,lol.:big_smile: Fun trip tonight man.

10. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Good Job Guys How Big?

11. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I think it was 5.10#?? Can't remember.

12. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Glad you guys are catching some flats..... ----- Whats the weather like in your area _ Yes I am to lazy to look @ the weather channel. LOL. --R U guys still night fishin for flats?

13. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Weather in Indiana is somewhat cold, it's between 30-40deg at night. Yeah we are still night fishing.

14. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    good luck yall and congrats on the fishs.

15. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cold that is what it is right now...but a nice fire and we will fish all year...

16. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah it's cold but Kris will fish in the dead of winter if he has his purple spandex thermal's.lol:big_smile: Sorry Smoke,,,had to

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First of all you two are a riot.It's good to see 2 people who can fish together and take a ribbing from each other. Don't find that to often anymore.now congrads on the great catches. Keep up the good work.If you want to call it WORK!!

18. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana

Trust me, it's a TON of work fishing with SMOKE!!! When the fish ain't hittin were always up to somethin. We gotta be grown men at home so on the river we are like little kids. U'mm I take that back,, I don't think we've ever acted like grown men???

We do alot of huntin also. We were squirrell huntin one day, both sitting on the ground lookin in a hickory tree. We been there about 20 minutes bein real still and not making a move. I'm thinkin "man them squirrell's are gonna come out here real soon. Kris is about 15 yards to my left and I'm looking the other way. Well all the sudden I hear this MASSIVE "butt explosion" from over by Smoke's direction. I look over at him and he's got this big grin and says,,,,Dat's ma Buck Grunt!!!!lol We didn't see or here any squirrell's that whole day!! I think Kris was just payin me back for sittin him under a walnut tree that had nut's falling all over!!

19. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    OMG......that was so funny......also there was that one night on the river josh"shortbus" was messing with me and he sat his jacket in my chair so i was kind enought to help him warm it up if you all know what i mean and right after that he asked for his jacket and i was glad to hand it over...:lol: :lol:

20. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana

Kris you know you put a hole in my jacket???