Going to the Tuscarawas River need help....

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by durben, Aug 15, 2008.

1. durben

durben New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im going fishing in the river sat night and ive never fished in the river, so i need some help best way to rig my pole?? and whats the best bait for there and any other information would be a big help

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Durben first thing is welcome to the BOC.
    Now depending on what you are targeting would depend on what bait to use. Channels cats I like using whole uncooked shrimp or cut shad chiken livers work well to or cut chubs.
    Flatheads I would use a live bait like bluegill, creek chubs, or goldfish even cut shad may work.
    So with that said good luck to ya and let us know how you do.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck and welcome to the boc

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome aboard and wishing you the best of luck. Doughboy and baitkiller has hit it all pretty much. Just be safe out there!:wink:

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    the Tusc river has been extremely tough here lately with very few bites ...........the river needs RAIN badly !! with that said id try some live 5-7 inch creek chubs if you want to catch some flatheads..........for channel cats id try chicken livers or cut bluegill or cut creek chub !!! id also try to target a deep water spot with some wood or log piles in it and throw up close to the wood !!! PLEASE let us know how you do and GOOD LUCK TO YA !!!