Going to The River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by mike_4843, Jun 15, 2008.

1. mike_4843

mike_4843 Member

State:
    Shippensburg PA
    My Fater Inlaw just got the boat ready and we are going hit the river for the first time this weekend. This our first time out on the boat. Just woundering what kind on stuff to bring along. Where is a good place to launch the boat and fish on the Susquehanna River near york or Harrisburg?

2. bass&cats

bass&cats New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I realy fish lakes a lot. I learned to make sure you have big sinkers though. Someone else should be able to help you out better than I can. Good luck and let us know how you did. I would like to head up there to but I dont know where to fish!

3. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hey Mike A good net is great to have to get the cats in the boat, also you will need a good light if your going after dark. good luck with the boat let us know if you catch any...

4. mike_4843

mike_4843 Member

State:
    Shippensburg PA
    Hey thanx for the Info! Keep it coming!

5. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Their is alot of flattys at the falmouth access. There is also alot of flathead fishermen lately.The fish are preasured I got skunked there Sat. night.The habitat is perfect and I beleive monsters reside there.As far as what to bring legal requirements ,tackle, bait and a head lamp, anchor umm drain plug camera ,spot light? .Just a few ideas off the top of my head

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Boat fishing is not that much different from bank fishing.................except that you have many more opportunities to find the holes and about half of the snags!

The most important thing to bring with you is the required safety equipment. Don't want to get a ticket!

Then bring the supplies that you would normally bring to a fishing trip.