Going to the Brickyard!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by kbgrillin, Jul 19, 2006.

1. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That's right. I finally get to go watch NASCAR live. I've been a fan for several years and this will be the first time to see it live. The way it was intended. I'm not rubbin' it in, I'm just excited. And to watch it at Indianapolis will be a treat. Just wanted to share that with ya'll. Thanks for your time.:big_smile:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

you will enjoy yourself. i went to the Texas motor speedway once and had a ball and I am not a race fan.

3. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Hope you have the time of your life. The Brickyard is a great race.

4. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys. I feel like a kid going to the zoo for the first time. I can't wait. Please don't let it rain.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Man, congratulations!!!! Wish I was going with ya to the Brickyard!!!

6. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tony, If I had another ticket, You would be more than welcome. A buddy of mine had an extra ticket and gave it to me. Staying in a hotel that has already been paid for. And if that isn't enough, Our meals are paid for while we are there. The only thing I have to do is split gas money between me and 3 other guys. I couldn't say no.:big_smile:

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kelly, hope you have blast, take plenty of pictures

8. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    went last year had a blast got to see tony win at indy cant see much there and very hot track side live is a blast stay kool have a blast

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Kelly, you'd give your extra ticket to TONY if you had one? Say it ain't so, bro!!! My gosh, with THAT deal who COULD'VE said no??? I'd be saying yes,yes,yes in no uncertains terms :lol:

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I was there last year when Tony won too. What a blast! I love the brickyard and you will too! Have a blast!!!

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Lucky you!!! I may be going to the Richmond race,and I already have tix for next year's spring race at Bristol.Hope you enjoy and take lots of pictures and share them with us!!!

12. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats great!! I hope you have good seats, but none are bad, enjoy the race!

13. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to it. I wish there was a way to talk to some of the Indiana BOC members while I am there.

14. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    man the brickyard is some time if you can get away and camp there befor and after the race. i love nascar to

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Lyle I had tickets in the 3dr turn terrace! We got to see maybe 100 yards of the track and they are going so fast I was hard to tell what car I was seeing.the race was great and the party is worth the poor seats I had.You will have a great time. One tip park close to your seats as you can. the place is really,really big and its a drag to have to walk from one end of the track to the other.Ohh yeah my wife just told me thats its hard to see colors when everything is tinted beer bottle brown.Drive safee and bring back stories!! smokey

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am jealous, Kelly...enjoy it.
    i have been to a few races, but not in several years.
    the worst seats i had were worth every penny.

17. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    One week from today I will be on my way to Indianapolis. I'm taking my digital camera with me. So, when I get back, i'll share some pics with ya.:big_smile:

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I live and hour and a half from the track and have seen both open wheel and nascar races. The traffic is crazy and the crowds are hugh. I have not been for a couple years because of the heat but it is a great time. If you are sitting near the track take ear plugs. The stock cars are louder than Indy cars. Have fun, it is something you will remember the rest of your life.
    Have fun and be careful.
    Bill

19. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    your lucky enjoy and have a beer for me.

20. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The time is here! At 8:15 in the morning, this ole boy will be on my way to Indianapolis to the Brickyard 400. YAHOOOOOOOO. I'll bring back some pics for you all. See ya Tuesday.