Going to Tenkiller need some advice.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mrbaker09, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mrbaker09

mrbaker09 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hello, I am going up to Tenkiller next weekend and was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction. I only fished the lake once and I was doing some night time bass fishing. Boat or bank is fine with me. Also if anyone knows any good places to noodle I would appreciate all the help I can get.
    Thanks
    Mitch

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Those big rock bluffs on the very upper end before ya go under the river bridge & soon as ya go under the bridge are a noodlers paradise:wink: there are big ones that will pull down & keep ya there...there is holes in those bluffs under water...

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Cats will be on the rocky points or in the main channel. Should be channels in the rocks, use shrimp of minnows. I'm camped on Ft Gibson and the cats were hitting 3"-5" whole shad in 15'-20' of water by the creek channel. Noodling should be good around Carter's Landing.
    Good Luck

4. mrbaker09

mrbaker09 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks guys. Are you talking about the 82 bridge?

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    yes 82 highway, its the only bridge crossing the lake, fish at night or right after daylight, jet skies,water skiers, speed boats keep every thing messed up most of the time