going to taylorsville need some help

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by brinley45cal, May 4, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok tommarow my dad wants to go to taylorsville lake which is fine but he wants to fish the tailtrace i think it is.Its behind one of the dams i actually think its called salt creek or something like that anybody know what im talking about?Anyway has anyone fished out there and had any luck? and what did you use,any help or info would be helpful.thanks
    james

2. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea ive fished it quite a few times. I pulled my biggest channel from that area. Its salt river by the way. chicken livers work great over there. good luck.

3. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    Caught my biggest flat head there 35lbs on nightcrawler

4. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    What about this year you catching anything there?ive been there four times and caught one eater size channel.Went today hooked something big but got into some rocks or something and hung me up and lost him.The rest of the day?nothingIm tired of going up there getting skunked,heck i take 5 or 6 different kinds of baits and throw at them and still come up empty.i dont know if im doing something wrong or what.

5. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    maybe its just still too early in the year. i havnt been out there at all this year. ive only been out there during the summer. maybe we can meet out there one day. id like to fish it again

6. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Sounds good to me i could use a fishing partner.

7. flying cheeto

flying cheeto New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sorry to resurrect a moth old thread but...........

ive spent the past 2 days at the tail waters of Taylorsville lake and never got a single bite. I moved over to the state park side of the lake and caught several 2-4 pound blue's this evening. Anyone else having any luck on Taylorsville lake?

8. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Hey welcome to the boc bro. nope i dont know whats going on there at the tail waters ive thrown everything i know at them there and have only caught one small cat.But everywhere else ive been catching cats like crazy so i dont know what the deal is there any more.seems fishy to me though:wink:

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive caught nothing but skunks from the tail race. Will catch a few time from time on the other side and the cove by possum ridge boat ramp. Almost always do good when I have a boat though, as long as its not ski frenzy day. lol

I havent been out there in years though.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome Matt, to the BOC. Some of the best threads are those that keep getting resurrected........

11. flying cheeto

flying cheeto New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yea I sat out there with a buddy last night for nearly 4 hours and didn't even get a bite. We were using bluegill chicken livers night crawlers and the cat fish bait ball stuff in the bags

But it sure beat sitting at home LOL

12. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    caught a few on bobbers and wax worms (bee moths) while bluegill fishing. Who knows. LOL. I've went back 2 or 3 times and caught at least one each trip with same bait. Maybe try that. Seem to be close to the bank and shallow. Be prepared to catch a lot of bluegills too. gets kind of annoying