going to santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay101, Mar 18, 2008.

1. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    going to santee 3/21 staying at harrys . have to fish from the bank . boat broke . any one have any know a place to fish from the banks . need all the help i can get . look me up . two old gizer and two boy . best of luck to all . hope some one can point us in the right direction.

2. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    You can fish from the bank right there at Harry's. On the dike side of Harry's he has several dozen rodholders cemented into the ground. You can cast out and fish a shallow flat... which is a good bet this time of year.

Actually, I guess with the lake down the rod holders are probably useless, but there's still some good fishing around there.

3. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    There's about 3 miles of concrete and rocks along the west dike at the hatchery that offers good fishing. You have to go down until the dike curves to get to deeper water. It's a hike, but good bank fishing.......I'd suggest late evening or early night.

4. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    i`ll git it a try . by the way what bait would you suggest this time of year.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Fresh cut river herring.

6. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    have a question where can iget or catch herring? :confused2:

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I know that Hills landing and Canal lakes has them for $2 each but if you are staying at Harrys you may an run down to Wilson dam with a sabikik rig and catchplenty of them.

8. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    This time last year some friends tore the up in the canal at St Stephens

9. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    If you can bank fish at Randolphs near the dam, I caught some nice fish two weeks ago within casting distance of their pier. all fish came on fresh blueback herring and shad. Lil N8's and Randolphs both have fresh bait. here are some pics:

Attached Files:

10. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    getting ready to leave for santee thanks guy for the info . post a report when i get back. best of luck to all.