going to santee this weekend

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mf7406, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    last time i was down i caught fish in shallow water. does anyone know if they have started moving to the deeper water, or what depth people are catching fish during the day? seems to me that they were a little late spawning this year. what do ya'll think? i would be greatfull for any advice or info. thanks alot

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Just go to the top and search santee and it will bring up all the recent post about it. This will be a great place to start.

Good luck and don't forget take pics and post a report.

3. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    thanks. but that didn't really help. maybe no one is doing well. usually someone has a little hint or advice. i'll just try where i caught them last & move from there. at worst, my son & i can play cards while drifting............until he gets really bored. if anyone hears of anything, i will be greatfull & I'LL always repay the favor. THAKS ALOT!!!!!!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I just came back from Santee today, Was catching 12 pound and below in 45-50 foot range. Run your electronics, paint the best ones you can find, and throw some bait at them.

Good Luck!

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Paul made it down does this mean he is going to make the Gathering in September?:wink:

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am hoping to make it, will be nice to give that Lake another whack :wink:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Just curious, Paul; where did you spend your time fishing? Marion or Moultrie. Plenty of fish are being caught everywhere, from what I hear, but the biggest ones are a little scarce this time of year.