Going to Santee Fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by countrycat15, Feb 6, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    wuzup everybody ill be going down to santee cooper next weekend to catch some big blues.i was wondering if any body could give me some tips on hooking a big one. i went there about 3 monthes ago and caught a 25 pound blue cat and a couple other ones in the 20-10 pound range and a 17 lbs bowfin. were not going to the mane santee lakes its like a small river near a dam its about 400 feet across and maybe 4 miles long any body that can give me some info on catching some big blues or about the spot wher were fishing it will help out alot thanks.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You need to talk to someone who fishes that water in the winter. The location of the bigger fish changes a lot througout the year there. A place that produces 20 pound fish in June will probably be vacant this time of the year. I have talked to guides that work that water and they almost migrate with the fish throughout the year.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    a super nice guy and great guide to fish with. go to www.hillguides.com for a great trip and a good time.he has a very good knowledge of what is going on ,alot of experence and the knowhow to put you on good fish.

4. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Was that a bite. Son you better set the hook, she aint got no hands......