Going to Rend Saturday

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kojak, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Dillon and I figured we would try our luck again at Rend Lake this weekend. Just wondering if anyone has been and if any good fishing has been done there since the gathering. I am hoping now that the weather has decided to level off the fishing will be a bit better.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck Jerred. I would be looking for deeper hole with this hot weather. Since my wreck I have not been on a lake so I'm behind on info. Rend has several areas where the mine shafts have opened up. Find one of these and you might find a honey hole.

3. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    you might want to hit it around daylight as it gets pretty steaming pretty quickly these days!!!:wink:

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Best of luck to you, buddy. Looking forward to reading about your successful trip!

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    bring back some pics for me!

6. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey Kojak, let us know how you do. I have been thinking about going to Rend ,but I remember how it was 2 weeks ago.:big_smile:

BIGCAT GarryEads

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Going to Rend next Thurs-Sun over the 4th weekend. Well, my folks are going on Thurs. I will be getting out there probably on Friday seeing I have to work.

8. BIGCAT GarryEads

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Brian, Did you say WORK????:smile2::smile2::smile2:

BIGCAT GarryEads

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Shut up Garry! Do me a favor and go for a change. It might make you sing a new tune!

10. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    :confused2::eek:oooh::confused2::eek:oooh::confused2::eek:oooh::confused2:

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    So you going out therea gain Garry? I know.. You might stay at the primative site because it is "Rob you of money" holiday weekend prices.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    primitive camp will be full if you dont make reservations. full of chicago folks and beer drinkin kids. i know..i used to be one of em. guess which one.:wink:

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Golly, Shane. I didn't know you were from Chicago! :wink::smile2:

14. BIGCAT GarryEads

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey Brian, I think I might put my tent on your sight, so your DAD will have a good Fishing partner.Hee!Hee!:smile2::smile2::wink:Hey all B.S-ing aside , I will not be able to make it next week . The Doctor has said I can go back to work Aug 3 :angry: so I am in a state of mourning .So I will just have to go to the KY gathering July 18-19-20th.Let me know how you guys do.:smile2:

BIGCAT GarryEads

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    HAHAHAHA hA HA ha .........HA.....HA...guess again....

16. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    aww.. August 3rd.. poor Garry. You probably forgot what your job entails by now! Guess I better do it for you. :smile2:

17. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I will be out there as well, mainly Sunday. We are having a family reunion that day so I will be there from dawn till the cows come home. I will also most likely be out there Saturday night with Robin and maybe Dillon. Don't know if I will get any fishing done but you and mom and dad and you are more than welcome to come over to our pavilion for some BBQ, god knows you all have fed me more than once. Get back with me and let me know.

18. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    :crazy:
    I knew you were not from the windy city....I also have seen first hand that you can put away a few...so you are the beer drinkin kid......:wink:

19. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well.. it wouild appear my camping trip is getting canned. Darn the luck! Work is busy and I have Jury Duty on Monday morning. So... hopefully sometime SOON I can get back out there. I appreciate the offer Kojak! I will take a raincheck!

Looks like another Baldwin weekend instead!

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Is Rend a channel cat lake? May be headed up that way in a couple of months if anyone has any info they would like to share by pm or on the open board. Thanks for any info.