Going to Rend lake Sandusky area!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by spindaddy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. spindaddy

spindaddy New Member

State:
    IN
    I'll be in the North Sandusky camping area this weekend and I am wonder what areas near there are good to take my 7 year old out for some catfishing??:smile2:

2. Catfish-roy

Catfish-roy New Member

State:
    IL
    We been get a lot of nice cats right below the dam on the south end of Rend lake. If your bank fishing. If your got boat try the stump patch. I live about 4 miles from the lake. Looking for bait try Lukes in Sesser. If you get here can't find some place give me a call 618-246-6602. You might pick-up a few crappie at Habor Oak Off the wall. It's accross from the park. there's catfish there to. Roy

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    welcome to the boc jason and roy

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck brother, keep us posted on the trip. Better take some good cold weather gear

5. spindaddy

spindaddy New Member

State:
    IN
    Thanks for the info. I'll be in a boat so I'll look for Harbor Oak.

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Welcome to the BOC fellas. I fished Rend, however briefly. I caught some decent channels near the riprap off the highway while drifting. The bite was slow for me.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason Welcome to the BOC. Wishing you lots of luck on your trip.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if your camping at sandusky, that cove your on is a good one. the spillway is always good, too. hard to fight off the crowd though

9. spindaddy

spindaddy New Member

State:
    IN
    I have done ok around the sunken roadway in that cove. Any where else in there I should try?

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wish you the best of luck. Would like to try Rend more often, but it is a nice jog for me to get there.

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if you go around where the spillway is there is a peninsula sticking out right there. there is a nice flat next to a deep channel right there

12. spindaddy

spindaddy New Member

State:
    IN
    Only got to go fishing for a few hours Saturday morning. Ended up with four 3 pound channels and one fiddler. It was so cold and windy that I stayed in the Sandusky cove and off the main lake.