Going to pick up my new boat tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Aug 20, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
  2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You'll enjoy the toon. I got mine last year and have enjoyed it very much. I have even fished the boils below the dam at Nickajack and did very well. It takes awhile to learn how to maneuver them but once learned it does well.

3. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I think you'll come to like it just fine, Daniel!

Dave

4. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    That looks like a nice ride! I've fished out of a pontoon several times and really enjoyed it. The wind tends to push it a bit more than a deep-v or trihull but most of the time you can use that to your advantage. Having all that shade is a big bonus too.

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Congrats on your new rig. I understand about keeping the wife happy. I'm sure you will have a blast with it.

6. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I had a very hard time loading it back up:crazy:. It has guides on the inside edge of each 'toon, but it still was a beast! first attempt, I ran the left toon up on the fender of the trailer,lol. there is about six inches between the guides and the toons, Ya'll think they should be closer? Also, do you back a pontoon's trailer back more than a regular boat trailer?
    Other than that, I loved the boat. The little 50hp 2-stroke pushes really well and is SUPER quiet. I stopped at Bass Pro and got a fish finder and some pole holders on my way home. So maybe sometime soon I will be able to go fishing!:big_smile:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Daniel, you will really like fishing out of the pontoon. Its a little more work to drag them around but after you get on the water they are the most comfortable boat there is to fish out of. I have an older model 24 ft. toon and have never had any trouble loading or unloading it, but it is a different trailor set up than yours. It will make you and your family a great boat for fishing Kerr Lake. Happy Cattin!

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Daniel, my dad just got a new pontoon boat as well. It's been in the water 3 times now. The first couple of times, it was nice & calm. This last time he tried to take it out in some pretty good wind. After several unsuccessful attempts to get it on the trialer, I finally had to pull the trailer up out of the water more so he could get it started on the ramps, then ram it home. It worked much better. What he would do, was come in straight & when I saw that he had the toons hitting the right spot on the trailer, I'd have him hammer it & the boat would push itself up the ramps on the trailer. It's just easier than trying to have the toons on the front of the trailer & hope they landed on the back.

9. rbaggerly

rbaggerly New Member

State:
    OKC Area, Oklahoma
    Good Luck on your boat. I've been considering one of my own.