Going to Norris in June.

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfish99, May 21, 2009.

1. Catfish99

Catfish99 New Member

State:
    Ohio, Dayton
    I'm heading to Norris in the beginning of June with a bunch of buddies. Looking for any info on what the catfish bite on, or wear I can find them

Thanks

2. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I don't know where you will be going on Norris, but I grew up going there with my family. My parents still have a cabin off the Powell fork of the lake up around flat hallow marina. We caught them off the points late in the evening, but during the day we mostly fished the deep banks with minnows and night crawlers casting in and letting the bait settle out after we cast them into the cliff faces. Norris is a very deep lake in places and I have marked places in the old river channels over 130 feet deep. It is one of the cleanest lakes in the TVA chain of lakes and I'm sure you will have a great time. Let me know where you will be and I will give you any information I can or have about that area.

3. Catfish99

Catfish99 New Member

State:
    Ohio, Dayton
    Hopefully I can pull this off, the boat has been in the shop over a month, and I leave Friday morning. Has some type of electical issue, he can't figure out. But back to my previous post, This is in Lafollette i am told. Was at Norris when I was about 14 or 15, I'n now 36 tough for me to remember alot about the lake except it's beauty that's one you will never forget. I was also wondering is the lake still real low or have they had enough rain to bring it back up. Is it mostly channel you catch or are ther blues, i'm fine either way. Thanks

4. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I can't give you any information about lake level, but you might try doing a search for lake levels in tennessee. I'm sure it is up though as we have had a lot of rain last month. I mostly remeber catching channels, but we also caught some blues. If I get a chance I will talk to my Mom and see if she has been over to the cabin and what the lake levels are like and get back with you.