Going To Myrtle Beach Next Week

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by tnkatman, Jul 24, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Going On A Family Vacation To Myrtle Beach Next Week, Can Anyone Give Me Some Good Places In That Area To Bank Fish For Some Cats ? Ant Info. Is Greatly Appreciated.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know that there are a bunch of cats (blues and flatheads) in the Waccamaw and Pee Dee Rivers. I don't know the area, though, so I can't point you to any bank fishing spots. Maybe someone else can help you there. Worse came to worst, yo could maybe just find a bridge and give it a try.

If you can cast net some mullet or menhaden in the salt (beach, surf, or saltwater creek) they make great cut bait. Just make sure to get them on ice in this heat.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    If you can contact sfisher, or flaboy, they may be your best bet. There is supposed to be good fishing near the bridges across the inland waterway, but I can't help you as far as access.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Kevin, do you remember the fishin' Hole marine repair shop in Bluff City, that was bought out by Green Springs Sports Center,and now carries that name?

Is it still there?

I used to put my boat in at the Bluff City ramp and trout fish the S, fork of the Holsten river about every evening after work.

Find Rt 905 and take it west from rt 17. It crosses the Waccamah river not far from North Myrtle Beach

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    You can fish off the dock behind Barefoot landing on the Intracoastal waterway.Its usually best to wait till later at night when the traffic dies down.I've caught 2 flatheads over 30lbs right in front of the dock and some pretty goog sized blues.If you want more info PM me.

6. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    My wife absolutely loved the Dixie stampede. She still talks about it. Ripley's musem and aquarium are nice.