Going To Murray Tonight

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by AllenSease, Aug 19, 2006.

1. AllenSease

AllenSease New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Fellas,

I plan on heading out to Lake Murray Tonight. Don't have a Boat yet so i planned on fishing off the bank somewhere. I Go out to Koons landing and to the little Dock directly over the Dam on the Irmo side.

Anyone know if the Cats are doing any good there. . .Everyone keeps telling me that they are Real Deep right now on points 20 - 30 Feet but i don't have the Gas to make it out to Billy Dreer Island.

Anyone got any Suggestions / Reports about those areas?

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good luck, allen! be careful!

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hope you get into some nice fish - good luck!

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Haven't heard anything about Murray lately but good luck.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Do you know where the SC&G #3 fishing area is off of 378? If so that is one heck of a good bank spot. When you pull in park about halfway betwee the shelter and porta potty walk straight down and that's the spot. There is a channel that runs through there about 25-35 feet off the bank, depending on the water level now. I was useing night crawlers and cut herring and did real well. Larry Koon's is close to another good hole if you can get out to the islands. I watched an old timer fishing right off the pier catch a mess of eater catfish and bream right off of the dock beside the boat ramp. Good luck.