going to monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by larry d. grady, May 18, 2009.

1. larry d. grady

larry d. grady New Member

State:
    north caro
    :big_smile::big_smile:I'm finally going to monticello May 29th,and 30th,are any of you guys going to be there.i'll be going for channells in the day and blues at night,was hoping to meet some of you in person,instead of on the screen.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Larry, I will not be there then, but you will probably catch more blues than channels. Monty is dominated by blues. Hope you have a productive trip with lots of Smackdown.

3. larry d. grady

larry d. grady New Member

State:
    north caro
    thanks pop pop,although i got to tell you i have always slayed the channells at monticello.i have caught several blues in the 20 to 30 lb range,but i throw them back for someone else to have fun with.i will be going to monte several times starting in july,pm me some time and maybe we can get a trip up one week end.good fishing!:wink:

4. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I GOT to get back over to monticello. Its been a 100 years, well maybe bot that many but a LOT. I was only a dunb bass fisherman back in those days anyway. :smile2: Any suggestions on technique and or location.
    I usualliy on fish Santee but I am very close to monticello. Maybe I am missing the boat (pun inteeded) by NOT going to monticello.
    Jim