Going to Mississippi!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Jun 23, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I will be leaving with my chuch this Sunday, we are going to Gulfport, to work an 87 year old womans house that was destroyed in the devastating hurricane.:sad2:

She is staying with family members right now, our church is working along with some pro construction workers to get the house rebuilt, we will be doing things like putting shingles on the roof.

I'll be gone until like July 3rd I believe, my family and I will go down to the Panhandle in Florida for a couple days on vacation after the house project. I was hoping to fish with some members from the BOC, but apparently there aren't in that area, but it's possible I might get to meet a few members in the Red River area. It would be an honor.

It's going to be quiet around here for a few days.:lol:

Zakk

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Jon, it will be a good expierence for me. Although I've never done any type of that contruction work, so it will also be a learning thing for me.

I'll probably take some pictures while I'm there also, I'm sure it doesn't look near as nice as it used to when I went there before the hurricane, will be kind of depressing to see it first hand.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Have a good time Zakk

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Zakk the red river area is five hours from Gulfport but you have a spot in my boat if you make it up. PM me if you are interested.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You need to come to KY and go fishing with me Zakk!!!

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Dang Zakk you've been running all over the country the last few months, lol.

If you are going to be in the Wewahitchka, Fl. area stop in at the city building and ask for Don Minchew, he is the city manager there in Wewahitchka. He also is a guide for Cat fishing in the Apalachicola River system, he can point y'all in the right direction if your looking for Channels or Flats. Don and his wife Angie are good people, they will treat ya right. Y'all might want to contact him ahead of time and see about scheduling a trip out on the river. He is a member of the Boc, here is his profile. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/member.php?u=1518
    I have his email address and cell phone #, if you want it send me a pm.
    If ya talk to Don tell him Fatkat sent ya, lol.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    hey fatkat,when you coming to KY to fish with me,I don't have a boat,but plenty of areas to go to.I'd love to fish with a Bro!!!

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Zakk,I think what you are doing is a great thing and you will learn from it.On a construction site make sure you keep your eyes and ears open and be careful.There will be a lot of things happening all at the same time..As Ersel said we are 5 hours away but you are always welcome..

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I would like to get down there and do some fishing with ya John. I may be buying a boat here before to long, maybe if I get it I'll drag it down there with me. :smile2:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Love to fish with a brother!!! :big_smile:

11. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    hey Zakk, i am very proud that you are going to do a special thing like that. Like Buddy said you just be careful and pay attention, when you come through Alabama if you happen to come through my way stop and look me up i would be happy to sit and have a soda with ya or jjust sit and chew the fat for a few minutes. Yall just take care and be safe

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everybody, it would be great to meet some more members, it's probably a little doubtful I'll get to go to the Red River area, but it's still possible, I'll know for sure in the next couple days.

Fatkat, I think I know Don, isn't he the one that runs the Florida Catfish Classic? If so, then I have talked to him before and he gave me a free pass to the FCC.

I'll be getting in touch with a few of you.

Take it easy,

Zakk

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Yes he is the guy that runs the FCC. :smile2:

14. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey zakk no late night catfishing for a roofer. them guys start at first light to beat the heat. make sure you leave a inch and half over hang on the shingles so the water dont run behind the gutter. have a safe trip.

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good move Zakk! Try to visit some of those catfish farms they have down there. They are awsome!

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys, I'm leaving tommorow morning, and probably going on a big catfishing trip tonight. Turns out I actually wont have to do any work on the roof now, they put me on "Painter" duty.:lol:

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I forgot,BE SAFE and CAREFUL little brother!!!

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Well you'll be in my neck of the woods, unfortuntaly, we will be headed back to Colorado. If you want to get in some fishing from the Gulf, there is an awesome charter down there..Gabriella Charters (www.aheadboat@aol.com). Captain Dusty is wonderful and it will be well worth your time.
    Cant say thanks enough for what you're doing with the coast. Its a real honor to have people like yourself. Yes, theres STILL blue roofs in the area and another hurricane season is already here. Enjoy your stay on the Mississippi Gulf Coast!!:smile2:

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, I'll definitely be safe.

Amy, too bad you won't be around, seems like there are no other members from that area. I clicked on that link in your post, but it came up as an "Error" I don't know why.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm back, it was a great trip, everyone worked hard, and I also got into some pretty good saltwater fishing. I will give a report and pictures later!