Going to Lake Texoma

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by massa_jorge, Apr 20, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey yall i am going to texoma from april 27-30. any suggestions? when i lived down there i would fish denison dam and eisenhower quite a bit. also did alright at east and west burns run on the ok side. never really did much exploring other than those parts.
    we will be using shad and cut carp, and live perch.
    thanks

2. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    I am heading up to texoma on april 27-29. I will be fishing around rock creek camp on the red river arm of the lake. will be using shad, nightcrawlers, punchbait and whatever my castnet turns up. Tomorrow night (april 23) I will be making a quick overnighter to Grapevine lake. I fish eisenhauer quite a bit but figured i need to expand my horizens a little and learn Texoma better.

Eric

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well i am back. camped at the corps of engineers campsite below the dam. fished hagerman, fished the dam, fished the river below all that. caught over 100 stripers and around 25 catfish. c&r'd a lot of fish the first two days, kept a lot the last two. came home with 8 gallon bags of filets. biggest striper was 8 pounds, biggest blue was 22 pounds, all on rod and reel. the only bait i used was cut shad. put it on a 3/4/ ounce football head jig for stripers, fished it on a slip rig for cats.
    man i wish i still lived down there....