Going to Lake Ozark in Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kickin_wing, May 24, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im going to the lake of the ozarks this weekend and i am bringing my boat. Ill prolly fish after dark because there is to much traffic during the day. Has anyone here fished the lake for blues? Should i fish off points? How deep?

2. Cliffcat

Cliffcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The lake has an above average population of crawdads. Alot of people set out traps just to catch some good eatin' sized 'dads'. Might be worth trying crawdads for bait on one of your lines.

Ralph

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't fished LOZ. Mostly stick to MTL because it's closer, and less crowded. Have you posted in Mo. Lakes and Reservoirs yet? Lots of LOZ fishermen in there that would probably have some tips. Only tip I have would be to check out any shallow mud flats this time of year.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You must not be familiar with Lake of the Ozarks.

Trying to fish on Memorial Day weekend is going to be nothing short of a waste of your time, unless you happen to be fishing above the 85 mile marker or so -- the rest of the lake will be overrun with giant boats, jet skis and general drunken mayhem. Fortunately, it'll only be like that till Labor Day or so...:crazy:

If you want to catch some catfish, put in at Warsaw and stay within a few miles of the Warsaw Harbor. They're running lots of water through Truman Dam and the catfishing is good, provided you've got the right equipment to deal with the current. You can probably catch shad in the harbor; if not, check any of the nearby coves.

Have fun and be safe.

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    O i know what you mean by crowded. I am only going to fish late at night on the water because it does settle down after 11 or so. I wont be near the truman dam at all, ill be right in the middle of the drunken action you are talking about.:lol: Ill most likeley do most of my fishing by setting limblines off the docks. I have never catfished in a boat there, but i was going to try this weekend, maybe even tonight.

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    man even around 11pm good luck brother & good fishing if you do get out