Going to lake norman on saturday

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by striper, Apr 6, 2006.

1. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    first i have to say this is the best site that i have found for information. all the suggestions that i have recieved have been very helpful. and everybody is willing to give up information.

I have been fishing lake norman with limited success during the morning. I have been drifting and picking up little blues and channels. I am going out saturday afternoon and staying after dark. I was wondering what would be better, drifting or anchoring, and going deep or trying shallow. the water temp should be about 60 or better. I don't know the lake well enough to really venture below the route 150 bridge.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    striper ive been catching some fish drifting but you got to slow down alot. it just depends on the wind for the area you are fishing. i would be drifting the channel ledges or anchor on them if the wind is bad for drifting. the fish at tillery yesterday seem to be slow biters for some reason. they just didnt seem to be very aggressive with there bite. so maybe anchoring may be best.

3. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the information. what depth should i start at. is there a good starting point. the bait is so spread out on that lake that i really can't rely on finding the schools of bait. thanks.....

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I've never been on that lake but I would start looking in mid 20's to mid 30's. Look for drop offs, channels , etc.

5. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    again let me that all of you for the help. I have been looking at a map and i found what looks like a big flat around 30' right off the main channel. with all the information i have gotten i think that i will try there first. weather permitting.. i will post with results...