Going to Lake Moultrie, How do I find that sweet spot?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by buster1395, May 19, 2008.

1. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Hi guys I am new to the site and I love it. I will be heading down to Blacks camp Thursday for a 4 day trip. In years past we have always drifted the canal. However that hasn't produced too well for us recently and now I have a bigger boat so I want to get out in the lake. We will be staying at blacks camp and doing most of our fishing daylight till noon and from 6pm till midnight most likely. My question is when you head out the end of the canal, how in the world do you find the better areas to drift or anchor? Any particular channel markers or anything from a map would be very helpful. Thanks

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    cris look me up when you get down will be glad to help you out i stay in camper spot 24 at blacks camp will be there all wk.

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    The best advise I can offer is If roundhill's offering take it!:wink:

4. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I'll be there Thursday afternoon I will see if I can find you. Thanks

5. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Ron, are you catching your own bait around blacks anywhere?

6. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    you can catch it or buy it they eat it all sounds like a smart ass but its the truth look me up i will do my7 best to put you on some fish.

7. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I came by site 24 friday and saturday but didnt see anyone around. I'll be here in room 22 until Tuesday I think. If you are still around maybe we can catch up with each other.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sorry Chris Roundhill had boat troubles so he returned home to get that newly 3 time rebuilt motor rebuilt again. I hope he dont kill them people. I wish I could help you but I havent been to the lower lake in a month. I did talk to him Friday and he said they were catching fish in about 20-25ft deep on cut and live shad. Fish about 100 yards down stream from the bridge in the canal on therocks and you should do okay.