Going to Lake Monticello tonight

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Aug 8, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Planning on hitting the water about 6:30 and fishing till I get bored or run out of bait. Wife says she'll be lucky to see me by church time Sunday. I'll still be in my old boat, have't got the paperwork straight on the new rig. If you're down that way holler - I'll be in a 15' V-hull with a 15hp Johnson. Oh, I'm the good looking one in the back of the boat.:smile2:

Hey Pat, got any magic marinated shrimp?:wink:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Good luck Steve. I hope you get into something big! Must be nice to live that close to Monty.

3. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Good luck, I hope you wear them out, and let us know how you do.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Steve: I'm marinating a batch up for 'ya right now :eek:oooh:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Hope you had some good luck. It was cool last night here in the upstate so that would have been nice to be fishing in.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Well, we are waiting for a fishing report....LOL!! :smile2:

7. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey Pat, I sure could have used a batch of your marinated shrimp! It was a nice night out. I ended up with 11 total, biggest at 6 pounds. I just haven't been able to locate anything with any size to it this summer. It was a tough night, the wind changed directions several times and completely died at on point. I drifted all but a short time when there was no wind. Kept trying shallow water, thinking they would come in to feed. That may have been a mistake. I drifted the last run out into 40 feet and started to pick up a few of the larger blues. Ended the night at about 2:00 with a double. The second one had wrapped every line I had out by the time I got to it, so it seemed a good time to pack it in.

By the way, Monty is DARK at night! This was my first night trip to Monty. Fished mostly herring, but the herring is running very small now. I did catch a few perch and caught a blues few on them. While I was jigging for perch, I caught several small, 4" - 6" cats. I used one of those live for a long time, but no takers. All fish caught were released. Another boat pulling out when I did reported that they had drifted all night and boated 2, the largest 20 pounds and the other around 5.

All in all a long hard night, but I can't wait for another one!

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Nice Catch Steve, 11 On Monty is always good. Like ya said the other boat only caught 2:wink:. You'll get that Monty Monster, so keep working it.:big_smile:

9. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Oh PopPop, it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. :confused2: Might as well be me.:wink: One of my buddies claim I have an unfair advantage because I'm a preacher. He says I've got a direct line. I tell him that the line ain't unlisted, it's open to all!:big_smile:

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    A-Men on that!:wink: