Going to Lake Marion tomorrow

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, Jun 22, 2007.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    Hey guys,
    My dad wants me to come fishing with him on saturday the 23rd.
    we plan to fish from about 6am to about noon. our plans are to fish the diversion canal if they are pulling water and to the left and right of marker 42.
    we plan to use live bream and shad. ARE WE ON THE RIGHT TRACK??? i'm really new to santee cats not that i don't go i just DON'T CATCH ANYTHING!!
    we are also going to chum with dogfood . Does anyone have advice for our trip? ANY HELP WOULD BE HELPFUL

Thanks,
    GARY

2. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    Well, just like always no fish and to top it off dads boat motor had water pump failure and on top of that i lost my brand new anchor. think i'll start buying my fish at the fish market. all and all we had fun and thats what counts. wish i could figure out what i'm doing wrong.:roll_eyes:

GARY

3. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Try the flats at night or early morning I never have as much success in the day most people are drifting over deep holes i use cut shad and herring most of the time dont use small bait or unless you want to catch channels I use a 9 0/0 circle hook

4. Al Duncan

Al Duncan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    remember have fun and the fish will come. try fishing around cypress trees at night with live or cut bream.fish have been going shallow after dark.try drifting during the day in the flats around 8 to 25 foot.better luck next time

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Don't give up too quick, Gary. Daughter and family fished that general area last night, in the shallows, and did pretty good, mostly anchored due to the light wind. I'm pretty sure they were using fresh herring. No really big ones, but did ok with the smaller sizes. :smile2: