Going to Lake Bartlett Thursday

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Apache Flats, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I plan on going thursday to either sat. or sun. This is an all about me trip, last time was with the family and did not get a chance to fish for flatheads. Hoping to to the skunk off my back and will do whatever it takes even if it means a couple hours of sleep per night. :angry: My luck has to change sooner or later. :confused2:

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I'm with you bro, luck needs to change.. But with that much time you plan to spend on the water, you should be able to get something..
    * I am coming out Saturday-Sunday with my daughter if the weather is good... Hope to see you out there... But by Saturday, you will probably be pretty burned out...

Good luck to you.
    ~A

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I will be anywhere between shiprock and sheep creek cove. If you see a small boat with only a trolling motor it WILL be me. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. 514th

514th New Member

State:
    arizona
    just got into az today stayin at a motel 6 in phoenix. gonna go to bartlett tomorrow morning and hopefully camp over night. hopin to catch my first flathead, im shorebound but we shall see.:roll_eyes:

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey Josh,
    This is a good day to go.. The air is dry and hot and the night should be clear..
    * I wish you the best of luck!

6. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm going up Friday. Last trip in this boat (14' Bayliner). I was thinking about some of the spots accross from the dam. Or is it better up stream this time of year?

7. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Andy lets not forget the most important part ''THE NEW MOON PHASE''
    :eek:oooh: YAAAAAAAA

8. 514th

514th New Member

State:
    arizona
    took the wife and wanted to camp but she couldnt take the heat so i just got to fish in the afternoon, and had to leave. didnt catch a damn thing except a few little blue gills. i like that lake so i think ill try to go back again. im on leave till the tenth of august so im gonna try to hit up some spots. its been a while since i caught any cats.

9. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hi everyone new guy here, I have a small crawdad boat, is there good places on bartlett to drive in the boat to camp and fish? thanx in advance

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Lots of places.. THat lake is littered with nice beaches..
    * I recomend launching at Yellow clifs..

~A

11. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yeah Hammer, you will love Bartlett. Az Flas and Apache Flats....Good luck boys!! I have been waiting for you two to shock the world, and I think this might be the weekend. Conditions should be great!!

12. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anyone mind if i come spread the skunkitis around. I seem to have caught a bad case of it. I need to shake it off on to somebody. :smile2:

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    * Hey Chum, I would consult the CDC before you start shaking anything on anybody...

I think this weekend will be just the vaccine you are looking for.. Hopefully the storm comes on Sunday, not Saturday..

~A

14. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I heard drinking bluegill pee would cure it. I haven't gone that far yet. Close..... but not yet. :eek:oooh:
    Something has to give. It's been a hard year so far.
    It's not over yet though. :wink: Good luck to all......

15. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good luck Chummer. You and Az Flats are my picks to click this weekend. As usual, I can't make it out this weekend, so I have to live vicariously thru you fellas for another trip. I look forward to some big time reports AND PICTURES!!

16. Emilio

Emilio New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Not to hijack the thread but I'm heading to Bartlett this Saturday evening. Will be there all night. I've never really had good luck at this lake. I mostly fished the upper verde part of the lake from shore, since I dont have a boat. These are the baits I'm taking with me, raw shimp, night crawlers, hogwild dip bait, waterdogs and will fish for blue gills when I get there. I'll be fishing mostly for channel and flats but I like to catch just about anything that bites. What parts of the lake are best for shore fishing. I thought about looking for a spot up around the dam area.
    Thanks
    Emilio:wink:

17. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Emilio,
    That all sounds good man.. I have not had much luck with the Hogwild, but everything else will work...
    ~A

18. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yea, this is the only thing the Hogwild brought in

Attached Files:

19. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Last time a drank a 12 pack of Becks I woke up with one of those.

20. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    8/1-2: I pulled into a spot across from the dam. Blue gills were everywhere like some kind of population explosion. Lots of bait. It was very windy till about 9 pm. Just as it clamed down I had a 3 runs, Lost the first one, then biated up and immdiately got a 2nd one. Meanwhile my other pole is bent over. By the time I got the 2nd one in the 3rd got away. Then nothing the rest of the night. A few small channels in the morning. Is that typical to get several hits all at once then it shuts off? It's almost like they were headed somewhere and I was just one stop on the way. Anyway, I landed a nice little brute (8lbs.)- see photos. Really hot during the day!

Attached Files: