Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to High Rock Saturday night to try and do some night fishing for some cats. Wondering if anyone was going to be down that way. I will be running channel 19 on the radio if you want to give me a shout. We will be putting in a Southmont and more than likely fishing somewhere close in case Mother Nature throws us a T storm. I'm planning on being in the water by 5:30 or so if everything works out...

· Registered
1,324 Posts
Man, there is a big cat tournament on High Rock Sat. nite. probable at least 20 boats in it. There will be a lot of traffic on the water that night!! There is also a big bass tourney on Sat. with over 200 boats in it out of Tamarac.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Good luck to both of you!! I'd pondered going to Tuckertown , but according to the forecast , it is likely to storm. I was caught in a storm at Badin last year , but I was not gonna go back , as I'd just gotten there! I ended up sitting in the car waiting it out. Unless you post beneath a bridge , it wouldn't be a good idea to stay. Then again , I may be wrong , being that I don't have a boat yet.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No way!!! Just fishing for fun this weekend. I think I left all my tournament luck at the weigh in scale at Thomalex last summer... There is a striper tournament at Jordan coming up I have my eye on though.

· Registered
1,324 Posts
It starts at 7pm on Sat. and weigh in is at 8am on Sun. should be some big stringers brought to the scales I hope!

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I made it down to high rock about 35 min before dark and was informed by my wife that she had invited her intern to join us with her husband and two small dogs. I am thinking WTF!!! I've been trying to get down here and night fish for I don't know how long and now we have company that has never been fishing before.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing that I enjoy more than putting someone on thier first fish and seeing the happiness that it brings them. But night fishing with TWO SMALL DOGS on the boat on a relatively new lake to me was almost enough to do me in.

We did not get a bite at all. Fished around the main channel from southmont until 11:00, and then a t storm looked like it was coming our way so I used that as an excuse to get the hell out of there and went to the house.

Maybe better luck next time.

How did anyone else do that fished saturday night?

· Registered
225 Posts
I was wondering how you guys were doing when I went to bed on Friday night during a SEVERE thunderstorm warning and lightning hitting all around with instant thunder claps. I'm glad to hear that at least you didnt get turned into burnt toast.

· Registered
28 Posts
me and callahanbigcats went on fri night and fished up in sailboat cove. caught a 18lb flattie around 8:45...then went to move across the lake towards tamarac marina ...the storm looked threatning so we called it a night

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was wondering how you guys were doing when I went to bed on Friday night during a SEVERE thunderstorm warning and lightning hitting all around with instant thunder claps. I'm glad to hear that at least you didnt get turned into burnt toast.

When we were pulling up to the landing the lightning was ripping through the clouds above us. It was really too close for me! And I too am glad I didn't turn into "burnt toast". The small dogs on the other hand could have been extra crispy and not bothered me. LOL

· Registered
953 Posts
Well I made it down to high rock about 35 min before dark and was informed by my wife that she had invited her intern to join us with her husband and two small dogs. I am thinking WTF!!! I've been trying to get down here and night fish for I don't know how long and now we have company that has never been fishing before.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing that I enjoy more than putting someone on thier first fish and seeing the happiness that it brings them. But night fishing with TWO SMALL DOGS on the boat on a relatively new lake to me was almost enough to do me in.

We did not get a bite at all. Fished around the main channel from southmont until 11:00, and then a t storm looked like it was coming our way so I used that as an excuse to get the hell out of there and went to the house.

Maybe better luck next time.

How did anyone else do that fished saturday night?
Man, some people have all the luck :giggle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.