Going to Georgetown Winyah bay Sat.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bearfrog1, Mar 21, 2008.

1. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Headed out tomorrow. Gonna try to catch a few respectable blues. Need to find some shad bait for sale. Wish I could find it live but may end up buying fresh dead shad at the fish market in town there.
    I'll update tomorrow night. Any place better than another near the bridges there? I plan to anchor down above 17 bridge on Waccamaw river, carolina rig my rods, circle hooks, cut bait and hopefully hang on.
    Will let you all know,
    Jonathan Pace
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jonathon, if you keep an eye out, you may catch some of the shad netters in the morning and get some fresh bait from them. They have to have their nets out of the water by noon. There was a couple setting between the harbor entrance and the bridges last time I was there a couple of weeks back. I like to fish the current around the bridges pilings, usually bite good when the tide is about halfway in or out, but it could happen at any time, and it can be fast and furious when they turn on. Good luck....:big_smile:

3. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Thank you very much for your input. I've got a brim trap out in my yard at our subdivision pond. Me and my 6 year old son catch alot of panfish there on rod and reel and we usually release them all. So hopefully I'll have a dozen of them in the morning.
    Thanks again,
    Jonathan