Going to fish the Salamonie res. saturday!

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, Apr 2, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Catfishcatcher and I are headed out to fish the Salamonie res. this weekend, looking to fish some new spots that have some cover, underwater stumps, rocks, deep holes, etc. Hope it's not windy, It's not supposed to rain so thats a plus.:eek:oooh:

2. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I've never fished it, but good luck. Hope to hear a good report when you return.

3. ooks

ooks New Member

State:
    Dunkirk IN
    Hey Bigcat better check the water level was up there last thursday and could'nt even launch a boat at Dora ramp. Ed up at peace pipe said they were supposed to start filling her back up April 1st. OOks

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    dang ooks, long time no see brother.

5. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    As of today the reservior is about 3.5 feet above winter pool level. With a little luck and this rain that has moved in thursday night and maybe some on Friday maybe we can get the boat in down by the damn. If not then we will check out huntington reservior and then the wabash river near markle. Some how, some way we are fishing.

6. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    AMEN!!!!!!! to that brother gotta catch a fish man, I'm havin' withdraws you know. It seems like it's been an unusually long winter, or is it just me?

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Doug! Hope you guy get into 'em. I'm hoping to make it over there within the next couple weeks.

8. ooks

ooks New Member

State:
    Dunkirk IN
    Hello Riverscum yes it has been awhile. Good to see ya brother. Plannin on hittin the Wabash also saturday. Puttin in at 116 boat ramp if not to muddy.

9. ooks

ooks New Member

State:
    Dunkirk IN
    Fishgeek whats the Missessenwa ressy looking like?

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Unfortunately Ooks I can't tell ya. I haven't been out yet. Hopefully next week...maybe late this week if things work out. A few of the others have been out within the last couple weeks but haven't done much good.

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Douglas,

Did you guys get out today?

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man they are still out! lol

13. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Yes, me and bigcatfish64 got out but didnt have any luck at salamonie. The water is still down but a dnr officer said they had closed the dam to start filling her up. We got a boat in but only at the dora ramp. We left there and hit the wabash river near markle and ran into ooks. We only caught 2 small channels. The water was very muddy, current was strong and the water looked to be dropping. Not good conditions but at least we got out. Water temp was still just at 50 degrees. We will try again near the end of april.

14. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Yes it's true, salamonie was dead, too bad! I was lookin forward to catching some fish, I did get one on the wabash though, and we had several other hits, we were using creek chubs, they just were not commited. I did get the pleasure of meeting another BOC brother, Ooks, it was a pleasure, he is a pretty nice guy.:eek:oooh:

15. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    i went to brookville all day saturday, also with no luck.. there were alot of people out there fishing, didnt seem anyone else was doing any good either... that cold front killed the lake fishing!:embarassed:

16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Allen & Douglas,

Thanks for the report. Sorry you guys didn't get into them...but at least you got out. That's cool you ran into ooks! I'm hoping that happens to me a few times this season too. Once they get a new order of BOC decals in I'm getting one for my boat so hopefully I'll be easy to spot.

Thanks again for the report!

17. catfishpatrol

catfishpatrol New Member

State:
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I went out to mississinewa saturday and only caught three channels. The water is still low. I did happen to find a lot of fresh dead shad blown up in the cove i was fishing in so i took some home to keep 4 cut bait.

18. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    You are welcome matt. We did have fun but would have ben better tearing them up, maybe next time. It is a few weeks early but we will try again soon. Me, doug, you and riverscum should hook up this summer for some night fishing? What do you think?

19. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    That would be great Allen! Would be fun to get together with you & Doug.

20. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey Matt, you're welcome brother, and yes planning on getting some stickers myself, but everytime I go see if they have them it's a no go!:eek:oooh: And yes night fishing sounds like a blast!