Going to Fish a while at Big Lazar after work.

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by goshawk, Oct 22, 2009.

1. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well, if I can, I'm going to skip out of work around 4pm and head to the Big Lazar and doing a bit of fishing till dark. Might try to fish by the damn as there is a deep spot on that end.

I'm bank fishing as I didn't have enough time to fool with my Kayak.

There is another spot that for some crazy reason the place has a fence up that says deep water and they want to block you from fishing from the bank at that spot. I mean I appreciate the information about the depth of the water, but I don't see fishing on the bank next to deep water as a major risk :confused2:

Of course I've thown my line in that area and then get behind the fence and only when pulling them do I quickly hop over and get the fish, then hop back to the proper side. No one has said anything and based on the evidence of other fisherman, I would say I'm not the only one.

If anyone else has fished the Big Lazar near Talboton and knows where the sweet spots are for channel cats, and don't mind passing it on let me know.

There really aren't many options for bank fishing, pretty much around the dock and the boat ramps, and the damn, with some spots between the two.

Pat

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    pat go across the dam,keep going you'll come to a little camping spot on the left,pull in ,pull straight back towards lake.you'll see a path going straight to lake.fish that cove,my friend catches alot of channels from there.he said to throw out as far as you can.

3. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I went ahead and stopped in the middle of the damn, just a little to the right of the cement overflow structure. I got one channel cat a little under a pound in size and one bull head. Sort of odd as in the last couple of years that I have fished the Big Lazar, I've never seen any bull head, but I guess I stand corrected tonight.

I'll for sure try the spot you mention flathead slayer at some future time. My wife goes to her meeting on Thursday night so that is the normal night I slip out and fish a bit since she does not get home till around 10pm.

Well with the cat I got last week that is in the freezer and these two tonight, the wife and I have a meal!

Pat.