Going to Bartlett friday

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by hammer555, Aug 10, 2008.

1. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Never been, taking my crawdad boat, where should I go? And launch boat to get to a good place to fish for cats at night? any advice, thanx in advance Gary ps. hopefully I will post pics

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I have only fished upriver for flats so that is the only advice I can give you. Launch at yellow cliffs and go upriver 3-5 miles, find your bait and fish close to that spot at night. I fish in 3ft - 10ft of water, and have my bait out 30 minutes before sunset. Good luck to you :wink:

3. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good advice.:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Never been to that area, good luck fishing

Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    did you get my private message hammer

6. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I did, thankyou, it wouldnt let me respond cause I dont have 10 posts. I hope to catch a few!

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Hammer. I hope you have some good luck up there.

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    what's up with that picture hammer. im kinda scared to run into you out at the lake

9. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Its not me, seen a pic of this crazy looking mma fighter lol, if I was that ugly I wouldnt post it LOL

10. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks everyone for the welcome, I fell upon this site by accident and wanted to give some big flathead fishing a try, I have a lake front house in peoria and have caught a few flatties but mostly channels, so thanks once again for the tips

11. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I gotta admit I was thinking the same thing as Micah with that picture, I was just too afraid to ask, in case we did run into each other at the lake!!

12. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Lol

13. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hmmmm, maybe this will work, it is me now tell me your favorite spots or I will find you at the lake lol

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im gonna try to get out tomorrow night also. We got a little rain today and some thunder. Maybe that will get the fish active to feed over the next few days. Im not too crazy about this moon being so bright tomorrow night though. I've never had much luck during full moon phases...

15. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    where you headed?

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just gonna hit some local areas behind Mittry lake. Gonna try to get out in time to get some gills and get set up by night fall as usual. My youngest got a Transformers rod for his b-day so he wants to get the line wet...just like his pop:wink:...

17. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Got out last night. Fished a spot near hidden shores that produced before. I've never had any luck during full moons asI stated before. Last night was no different. We got some really nice gills. Big bulls that were bigger than my hand. I let most of them go since those are too big for my usual bait size. Some swallowed the hook though and I had to keep em. Some guys not far from me got a flattie they was really nice. They realeased it and took off. We moved a few times with no luck but the gills were biting all night. Oh well...maybe next time.

18. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Well, didnt go to bartlett, went to rosy by the diversion dam, warter was dark dark brown, so I knew a spot at Apache lake, well I suck. Skunked just a few crawdads. we used waterdogs and a few gills. What is the best setup ie. hook sinker, how far up?:sad2:

19. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Alot of folks on here can tell you better than I. It all depends on the current in my opinion. Im not so sure if water clearity has a big part of it. Sometimes I use a normal egg sinker set up and sometimes I'll go with a 3 way swivel set up. In most cases I'll use 2-3 oz. sinkers with a 2/0 to 3/0 hook.

20. hammer555

hammer555 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Is there some where i can see a pic of the setup, thanks for the help, Im already thinkin of my next trip!