Going through withdrawal

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Sep 13, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    do anyone know a good boat repair shop in the st. louis area?:0a22:
    the one i been dealing with, Im starting to think he dont know what he's doing. I been stranded twice dealing with this guy. to make matters worst I'm paying him for it..........cmao:too_sad:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Hey Willlie. One of the best outboard guys in the business works for a small marine dealer down towards Farmington. Everyone I know of around these parts takes there boats to him. I'll try and scrounge up a number for you.

3. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Willie what do you need done?

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yo Willie, heres a link to all of the Marine Boat Dealers in the area.

Scroll down to Scenic Rivers Boats and Motors and you will have their number. They are down in Bonne Terre, Missouri. They have revived a buddy of mine's ANCIENT mariner engine several times even after we had written it off for DEAD. Their labor rates seem to be pretty reasonable too. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Give them a shout, tell them the problems your having, and see what they say on the phone. They are pretty sharp down there.

http://dorx.mo.gov/publicreports/dealers_marine_report.txt

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Scenic Rivers is a Mercury and Yamaha Dealer. I would defenitely call and ask to talk to Clay. He is a top notch mechanic. I had them put a lower unit seal kit and impeller in my Yamaha this spring. I originally had called Twin City marine here in Festus, and the quoted me $400 just for a seal kit, and the impeller was extra. I ended up waiting three weeks, for Scenic Rivers just to work on it, and the final bill for everything was $120. Heck of a difference in price there. I will continue to do my business there, that's for sure.:wink:

6. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Hay Wllie, try Allen Outboards, down 55 in Kimswick. He should have parts for a older motor and repairs.