Going out tomorrow (Sunday)

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jerryb, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can't stand it any more.

Gonne be in mid-40s and rainy - but I'm going out in the morning. I just can't take it any more. :crazy:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Shoot mid 40's feels like spring compared to the rest of the week. I ain't goin cattin but I am gettting out tommorow to get some skips, running low. Hope you a bust a nice one! If I don't do some sort of fishing atleast once a week I go nuts.:eek:oooh:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck!
    I'm gonna try to get out myself. Its supposed to be 60* here tomorrow. Maybe I can talk Crab into getting out!:smile2:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Me and a buddy in my boat and Mellon and Fisherman4567 in his, were hitting downtown ( Cinci) tomorrow for blues, I set up the bimini top today( for the first time) in the garage so with all the rain, should be plenty comfortable. Will post any results tomorrow, River is prime at 29 ft!!

Salmonid

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Hope you tear them up Mark...Wish I could have made it....Make sure you give me a call and let me know what Im missing:eek:oooh:

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we are pulling the pontoon outa the lake tomorrow , before it gets iced in, if ice breaks up enough i may wet a line or two, good luck to all who goes

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im heading out... i was gonna meet up with the loanwizard today, but decided not to after seeing the radar... so im gonna throw the waders in back the truck, and go seine some chubs and minnows for the bait tank...yeah i know 34 degrees, waist deep in water!! EWW!! when you need bait, you need bait!!!! lol...rollo

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Jason i am lookin for a goog pair of waders .
    Any idea for a good pair.
    An do you do any thing to your boat for the winter.
    I want to go scouing but the water is to high for me to be out by self.
    Thank you Jason.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    randy, i have a cheap pair of waders, non insulated at that.. they are Rocky brand...i had around 50 dollars in them a few yrs. back. i would suggest buying a nicer pair that is insulated well. it was chilly today!! now to the boat, if you use your boat yr. round then really isn't much need to winterize it. as you know i use mine a few times every month, so i don't do too much to it... you need to either run the gas out it. simply take it down to the ramp and back the motor in, then start it and let it run itself out... Or, you can add Stabill fuel stabilizer to the gas and then take it for a spin to circulate into the motor. im sure you keep your jet greased don't you? or just keep on using her all winter randy thats what i would do!!!! goodluck, rollo

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We just got home, all I have to say is that the Bimini top was worth the entire cost of the boat today, 4 of us out in 2 boats, 8 rods, about 5 hrs of fishing and I landed the only cat, a 3+ lb channel, a few little tappers and my buddy Scott misses the best pulldown of the day. Oh well, it was definately chilly, high 30's and rained about an inch while we were out. it was a cold miserable way to spend the day.... A local barge decided he wanted to turn the whole rig around right where we were fishing and gave us about 1 minutes warning before he came right on over into our spot along the bank, we got the horn and spotlight so we hastily moved and not a moment too soon, that was a little scary.

Until next weekend
    Salmonid

11. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Mark was there much current cooking? Thougth about going today but saw all that rain on the radar and stayed home. Did you`s try drifting any? Works well if you can control it. The river will rise big time with all this rain this weekend and upcoming week.Hope you get them next time.

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, there was a ton of current, way too much to drift and a lot of flotsom/trash still on the water. This morning there wasnt hardly anything on the radar anywheres close and then they kept calling for 54 degrees and winds at 5 mph from the east so we felt safe, but winds were blowing stuff in from the SW and only a high of 41 and did I mention it poured all day?? Only fish came while we were hiding under a bridge right in front of the ramp. Mellon is gonna post later with some pics.

Salmonid

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mark thats a bummer I wish you guys would have landed more. Looks like you guys got a taste of what we did last weekend. I got out today to Meldahl to get skips and not even a bite, it was down right miserable out there. And I was on the bank. I think the skips have moved out of there, second trip in a a row and got skunked. Atleast you guys got to stay somewhat dry. The bite has really seemed to turn off in the downtown area, we are heading up towards Aberdeen next weekend, get into some different water and see what happens. Glad you guys made it out of there safe, them barges dont give a whole lot of warning sometimes.:wink:

14. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    The debri is from the river rising and picking up stuff on the banks. Makes for fun fishing as it gets in your lines. The temps weren`t even close to the 50`s with all the rain.Looked in my bucket on the back porch and it had about 1-1/2 inches of water in it from today.No rain all summer and here it comes. Better than snow i guess.

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I got the boat out today and fished 4 spots before the rain ran me out lol!

BTW, the ss impeller gets her up on plane in 1/3 of the time and it felt faster although my new transducer doesn't have the speedo wire grr!

Was rather cold and miserable coming up river at 27 mph.... had to get the goggles on.... raindrops kept fallin on my head... for 20 miles.... and they stung! MMMMOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!

Maybe two taps the entire time, water temp between 37-38 degrees, current strong.

Headin to Florida in two weeks yeah!

16. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorry to hear noone had a good day on the river. I was thinking on going to the bank to fish for a few hours but after last weekend with the way the water was acting during the rain i didn't want to even try to fish.

17. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, makes me feel better now that i turned down the offer to join Mellon, i was ready to instigate some "domestic violence" last night when the GF said "NO!":wink: i got up this morning about 8am and was going to go channel fishing for a little bit but once i seen that fog i decided to go back to bed.