Going out tomorrow have a question

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by tomcat85, Oct 14, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Tomorrow me and my buddy are going fishing tomorrow. we only fish off the bank. its been down in the low 30's lately do you think we have a chance of catching anyhting?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If the temps have effected the water temp to a good degree. You can rest assure they will be comein up into the shallow water that warms up when the sun comes up. I would say give it a shot and concentrate on the shallow areas after that sun has been up for a bit. best of luck to ya.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    yeah what he said LOL

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks for the tips guys!

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nothing further to add to these guys good advice except , good luck. Post up and let us know how you did.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Big Geogre gave you the best advice Buddy.
    :0a27: 110% with it - that's what I would do.

Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah George knows his cold water channel cats. Check out some of his pics if ya need proof. His advice is sound. The only thing that I would add is use fresh cut bait as the water gets cold

8. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I would be the last person to argue with George BUT, every cat man around here that I have heard from, and many on the BOC in the past few weeks say DEEP- 12 - 18 ft. Just my observations, I havn't had any luck in a month. The only thing putting on the fall feed bag this fall is me.
    Good Luck,, primitive

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now Ron I would'nt want that either. LOL! I'm basein what I said on conditions in a changein tidal river. I know thats where I'll find em for the next few trips.