Going out to a stock pond this weekend...

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by TX Fisherman, Mar 18, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    hey guys im goin out to this stock pond this weekend. but lately we been havin trouble catchin the catfish. i put out trotlines and fished all day and almost all night, but still the bight hasnt been to good. the fish mostly feed on bluegill and floating fish feed, they also share the lake w/ some bass... any suggestions?

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    TAKE ALONG SOME WORMS, MIGHT CHANGE YOUR LUCK ALITTLE

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Take out more bait. Worms, liver, shrimp. Give em all a good shot - switch up the depths you're fishing in an most of all be patient. Good luck!

4. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i fish dozens of farm ponds and i usually catch them on chicken livers cured or or uncured with garlic powder and shrimp if your a fan of chumming that would work well too

FEELS LIKE A DECENT ONE

5. villaitefla

villaitefla New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hi TX fisherman,
    I fish an almost identical pond to the one you describe, and the way I got around the numerous problems was to develop a boilie mix and introduce that over a period of a few weeks. Channels are easily trainable and once they accept your bait as a food source you are on your way to catching those pesky cats !!!! A lot of hard work and dedication is required though if you are to be suuccessful.
    Good luck
    Tony

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sometimes fish that are fed are used to feeding mainly at the surface. Try using a bobber. Might help.?.?.?