Going out this weekend!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catfish_jordan, Mar 22, 2007.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    since we have been having high 50's,60's, and mid 70's i desided to dust off the polls and go hit family privite pond.well theres three but 1 has the monsters,1 for the fingerlings(bait),and the other is for well......im not shure.they are fed almost everyday and my best at tat lake is about 11 pounds but i have seen up to 20lbs. in one lake there is carp,blue,flathead &channle cat,crappie,sunfish of all sorts,small bass. in the second is sun fish of all sorts and bullhead perfict for bait.:big_smile:

wish me luck :smile2:

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Sounds like a good time.

I got a question for you. How far are you from Branched Oaks? Some of us locals are seriously considering a gathering there at B.O. sometime possibly maybe in May. I was wondering if that lake was close, if you could drive by and let us know if its got lots of water in it. I had heard from a buddy that it was down low. Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you catch some big monsters today!

3. catfish_jordan

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    this lake is water well pumped and can get pritty full. its kinda past wavery,ne there is a small river close by but not shure what it is called. im about 30 miles away from B.O. i might cosidere going to branched oak one of these weekend to see wat i can get.

talk to to later:cool2:

4. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i've been to zorinsky twice already and have caught 3 cats and 1 really nice bullhead. this is the earliest i've ever started fishing before.

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

TA2D and I went up to Branched Oak this last weekend, and it's definately way down. Obviously it's a large lake (1800 acres) but you can tell it's down roughly 4-5 feet or so. The guy at the Marina said most people have been catching Catfish so far there. We went up for Walleyes and Crappies, but they haven't really started to get into the shallows yet.

SudDawg

6. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Wish you good luck!

Let us know how you do.

7. catfish_jordan

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    weoll i got back and im exhausted. in teh morning i went to wagontrain and did ok.small catfish,good size bullhead and a bunch of bluegill.it was about noon and decided to go to the ponds.right of the bat i got a cat on BJ's,then acouple of small bulheads and blugill. sorry i dint get any pics i fregot the camra :sad2: :angry: . all in all i had a ok day for the first time fishing this year.:big_smile: any body else go out ?

8. riverfishing

riverfishing New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i went to Whrustband the other day and nothing is really biting there.

9. Manolo56

Manolo56 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm heading to Willow Creek Res, this Friday/Saturday regardless of the weather. Too wet and windy to turkey hunt but not for fishing. My pontoon boat has a cavas enclosure that keeps me warm and dry. If the wind keeps up I'll use a drift sock and trail two lines. One with Sonny's Super Sticky and the other with dead smelt. This has worked real well in the past during wet cold weather or not at all. But that's fishing.

Monte