GOING out jan 13 and 14

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by pitbull, Jan 10, 2007.

1. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Hey guys I will be out there fishing all weekend I am looking for big fish and NE body point me in the right direction. I have cought a few good fish over 30 down by fort washington and bouy 77. i will take all advise for fellow fishermen . I use cut bait and and whole blue gill . GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I would try the month of pisscataway creek fish 15 to 30 feet that was the ticket last weekend. Cut shad wprked best had to cut the bluegills up to get any takers on it.

3. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    where is that creek at Tim . I am very new to fishing down there I need to get a good map of river.

4. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    I found the creek on mapquest . Tim is there a place where i can buy shad?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Allen welcome to the BOC. I can't help you on location or bait but would like to wish you a good trip. I look forward to your post and pics.:big_smile:

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Allen you may find white perch at a fish market or mackerel will do great as well. But I don't think they sale shad but they may or a local bait shop down they may also be something to look into. If you have a cast net you can get some around boat docks and the mouths of little creek that run into the potomac can hold shad as well. I would use 7/0 hooks or bigger if your looking for big cats with 40lb main line is my set up. try to fish around 20' you will see a pole in the middle of the creek at the mouth of opiasscataways creek. head out from that untill you hit 20 to 25' and stop. sometimes you can't see them on a fish finder, But if you are there and the high tide time they will be move all around the part and they will find your bait. Hope this help and let us know how you did.

7. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Thank u Tim for all your help. There is a lot of water out there now i know where to start at . I hope to come to your upcoming tournament at for washington on the 27.

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Allen if you will be coming to the tournament let me no so I can add your name to the list

9. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Ok Tim I Will . I Drag Race Also And There Is A Big Race In Florida That Same Weekend. Well Let U Know If I Can Make It.