Going on vacation for a week (COLORADO) bound..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, Jun 8, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Just thought I would let you know that I will not be online for a week or so.
    We are heading out Friday afternoon going to Denver area and Estes Park.

I'll be missin the new things going on in here and I'll be having my BOC withdrawls...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyway, If you haven't signed up for my BIG GIVEAWAY, then make sure you get signed up. This is a great prize that I'm giving away to 1 lucky brother or sister. Don't pass it by, If your a STAR member.

I will still be doin some posting till tomorrow afternoon but I will be thinking of ya'll while I'm gone.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Enjoy yourself in Estes Park, Al. My wife & I had our honeymoon there 7 years ago. Take an ultra-lite rig with you and do a little trout fishin'!

3. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I want lots of pics hoss! I love the Estes Park area. If you could I know it may sound strange but could you take some of the Boulder Brook cottage area just before the entrance to the State Park. I stayed there a number of years ago and would love to see it again. Have fun brother.

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My grandfather has a couple of stocked ponds in the back 40 of his place and 1 of them ponds is full of channel cats andthe other has rainbow trout and German Brown so I'll be hittin the ponds for sure.
    There is also a place in Lyons that is on the way up to Estes Park called McCalls lake that has an area that you can feed the GIANT trout and believe me, they are GIANT and my wife loves to stop there and feed them. Some of them I've seen probably weigh in at 15 lbs or more.

As far as pics go, I will make sure I get lots of pics for all to see. :big_smile:

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Are there any members in the Denver area that I can meet while I'm up there ?? (Denver, Boulder, Estes Park, Longmont) anywhere close by these places. I would love to meet with some of the brothers and sisters in those areas. :cool2:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Al, enjoy Estes Park, I know you will!

All the time we lived in TX we usually never got further than southern CO. And most usually we spent our time north of Pogosa Springs at a little mountain lake called Williams Creek Reservoir. Back then trolling would produce our families trout limit in a few hours. That was back when we had a fold out tent camper.
    We've rode the train at Durango twice... beautiful ride.
    Love RVing in the Rockies.

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Al,have a safe trip and hurry back.If your gone a week it will take you a month to catch back up. LOL This site is like a rocket...