Going on first Walleye trip today!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Mar 7, 2009.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm going with a few BOC Brothers today to try and catch some Walleye. Were making the trip about an hour or so South to Paintsville lake. Supposed to be some good Walleye fishing there I've heard. I've never fished for them or caught one. Hopefully with this warmer weather they will be biting.
    I'll post a few pics later on if anything interesting happens...:smile2:

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I squeeked out a couple hours yesterday and drowned a few minnows, hoping for some of that action, down on the Gdotte river.

Got the big skunk. Hope you do better! :big_smile:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks! Me and Larry(mankind) are planning on hitting the Guyandotte this year for Flatties. He's told me a lot about that river and I'm gonna get a WV license and try it out.
    I hope we get into some kind of action. 2 trips so far this year and the big skunk on both. I figure I'll try it out for the Walleyes, sounds like fun.:cool2:

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "figure I'll try it out for the Walleyes, sounds like fun."

And tasty too!

But give up on the Gdotte R. No fish there,,,, and they are all poisonous,, No water either,,, It's a desert,,, and the State charges $2000 an hour to fish it,,,,,run away, run away!!:tounge_out::smile2:

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    where do you fish the guyandotte we are down next to ohio river man its loaded here with cats

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "where do you fish the guyandotte"

Anywhere from Salt Rock on down to the Ohio R. Come summer though I tend to shy away from the lower end. Too busy for my tastes unless I can hit it during the weekdays.

If I can get that Cuddy on the water we may run across each other this year.
    With the dry weather we have been having the last couple years I don't reckon she will float much upstream of the Russell creek bridge.

We have another BOC-er who fishes down that way but I have yet to catch him on the water.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Chalk up another SKUNK for me....:embarassed:
    Saw a lot of nice scenery, marked lots of fish but no takers.:sad2:
    Average water temp. was around 46*. Some areas were close to 50* and others close to 40*.
    Very nice lake, hope to go up there again sometime.
    I'll post a couple pics later of the lake. Too tired now....:smile2:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
  9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks for the report John sorry I couldn't go with you guys.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You have nothing to be sorry about Ken! Just get that back to feeling better! Its not looking like I'm gonna be going back anytime soon, my back just can't handle it like it used to...:sad2:

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i hardly ever go pass the russell ck bridge. i fish mostly from the mouth up to their. i do pretty good. i hit a few spots till i find some cats. sometimes i end up in ohio river:smile2::wink::embarassed: