Going jugging Sunday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by elvenbane1, Mar 19, 2006.

1. elvenbane1

elvenbane1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone been juging this week? I went last week and caught 7 good blues toward the mouth of the main channel. Was wounding if anyone had any good ideas on where to toss some jugs?

Lake Ozark

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome to BOC Kip! Glad to see more and more Missouri guys getting on here.:thumbsup:

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Hey,Kip -
    Welcome to the BOC, what MM do you fish the most of LOZ? We have a place on the 5MM, Lick Branch Cove to be exact. Lot's of good information here and people willing to share the information they have. Good luck!

4. timpndr20

timpndr20 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Try cut shad or cut bluegill with your line's set at different depths.I would try fishing them 20 to 35ft deep over 40 to 50ft of water.Once you figure out what depth the fish are more active at set all of your lines about that depth and let them drift which ever direction the wind blows them.The secret is spotting the fish on your sonar before ever throwing a jug out.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hey Wolfman. Just curious to know how Ha Ha Tonka got it's name. That's very unusual.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well on Sundays I do a little "jugging" usually right around a Big screen TV showing the NASCAR race.Mostly I throw the empties in the trash, unless JR is leading at which time its free play.:) ;)

7. elvenbane1

elvenbane1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you guys,

I'm glad to be here! And thanx for the information. I put in at the end of Y road in Rocky Mt. and do alote of jugging not far from the dock. I did go Sunday and caught 5 nice blues, the largest one weighed 16lb. I caught them on some old frozen carp sides I had left over from last year. I also used night crawlers and did catch one off them. All the fish I caught were in about 40-50 feet of water.

I'm and Eldon Police Officer and if you guys have any questions feel free to give me a shout.

Kip