going for a good fish this weekend

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Well im going at it with baldwin again. gonna try it all day from the bank see if it produces any decent ones. Any of you guys going this saturday? Im going at first light on saturday all the way through till closing. Prolly on the penninsula by the boat docks.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Doesn't look like it will be in my cards to go fishing Saturday. Best of luck to you.

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I'll be there at 8 am, rain or shine.

4. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
  5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    C'Mon, C'Mon, reports please, LOL....How did y'all do?

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    We got there about 8:30, by 9:30 we had all the bluegill we needed and more. Stayed til the lake closed and only managed four Blues. Caught a 7 lb, two 4 lbers and a 2 lber. Better luck next time, I hope!

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    The lake is really brutal right now.. guess they prefer that water to be 100*s. :smile2:

8. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    no decent cats. not even a 3 pounder and on top of that i went to the strip mines catfish lake and didnt get a single decent catfish wth can i be doing wrong i tried all different types of bluegill and nothing worked im about to give up and start using TNT:angry::angry:. had my poles in the water for like 7 hours at each lake on two different days i swear catfish hate me

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    No fret Ryan.. it just hasn't picked up yet.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Water is still cold, try downsizing your cut bait to "bite size" pieces..... if that doesn't work then dynamite and dip net :smile2:

11. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    its all good guys their just startin to get movin around, and i agree try smaller cuts of bait they like to nibble early in the season.

12. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    here's a little tip when fishin the boat ramp at the very point cast straight out towards the the north levee and at least 100 yrds out their is a little farm pond that is bout 9 ft deep i have pulled at least 30 fish out that hole that went over 35lbs the biggest was 53lbs maybe some time ryan it would be good fishin with u

13. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    Sounds like itd be fun. Ill be headed up there next weekend on saturday and sunday if the weathers good hopefully ill cya there. Ill be the stalky 14 year old:smile2:. Send me a pm if you plan on going