Going Flatheading Tonight with Firechief4201...

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by catfishjohn, Jul 25, 2008.

Who Catches the Biggest???

1. CatfishJohn

2. Firechief4201

3. Junior42

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me, Danny and Adam(junior42) are going to one of our Top Secret Spots on the Big Sandy River tonight In hopes of hooking into some nice Flatties. If all goes well, we'll have a big variety of live and cut baits. They've been there before and almost no fishing pressure in that area. They've caught fish, nothing too big but have lost some really nice ones.:sad2:
    This will be my first trip there, they said I had to be blindfolded, turned around 5 times before I can get into the Blazer. Must really be secretive!:wink::smile2:
    Hopefully tomorrow we'll be posting some nice pics of our catches that we took pics of and released!!!

Wish us luck guys, we'll be in the middle of nowhere, abt. 15 miles past that, 2 lefts and a right.:smile2:
    Hope to show you all some nice pics tomorrow!!!!!:wink::cool2:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Now you all keep in mind that I'm due, with the broken back and all I haven't caught a fish since May.....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:.....I got my practice out last Friday night!:cool2:

3. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    John, I voted that I get the biggest. Jr. will be busy kepping you out of the water. And remember its a walk go lite on the stuff you bring. And a gun the bears get pretty wild when you bring a fish in.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!!!! Good chance Jr may be...:roll_eyes::smile2:....That or too busy netting the fish for me...;)

I'm bringing 2 poles, tackle bag(lightened up), chair and a small bag of frozen skippies and rod holder. Hope you have a cooler, and drinks, my Cuz got back his little cooler and you don't want me to bring a big one...:crazy::wink::smile2:

.25 is Locked & Loaded!!! :)

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I got some rope so we can keep you from going down river.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

He!!, I thought that was to get up and down the bank???:confused2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll give Reps to whoever is right as long as you vote and make a post here.
    I forgot to include a SKUNK, but I have a feeling thats not gonna happen.:wink::cool2:
    If thats your vote, post it here and if you're right I'll Rep you.:wink:

Come on people, the votes won't count once our results are posted so get your votes in. Danny and Adam are on their way, I have a feeling its gonna be a good night!!!:wink::cool2:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I voted for you John. Your due. Good luck and be careful!!

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks J.C.!!! You're right, I'm way overdue to catch something at least!!! I'm hoping on a BIG ol' Flattie but will take a nice Channel also!
    This area has little to no fishing pressure and seems to be a perfect spot for Flatties!
    I'm just hoping to at least get a 20#er tonight but I'll settle for a 10#er...:smile2:

10. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Just to let everyone know. No fish. :embarassed: We had a good time.:smile2: And John tryed to take me out, threw a copper head snake on me.:eek:oooh:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I rescued you from that Copperhead, not threw it at you....:roll_eyes::crazy::smile2:
    We hitting the secret spot today? I have that feeling of catching some big cats!!!!!:wink::cool2:

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I missed the voting, but sure am glad to hear that you are getting out and doing some fishing john!!!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks! I'm sore as he!! but I'm happy just to get out. I just wish this skunk would get off my back, Its getting heavier each trip out...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    My first 2 trips back after my injuries I've gotten skunked. Maybe 3rd time will be a charm....:wink::cool2:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Before Danny posts this and blows it all out of proportion, Once again, I was in the water. You can almost say I went for a swim at Dewey Lake....:crazy:
    But, It was for a friend. On our way out, Danny dropped his cell phone and it landed about a foot away from a drop off to the water which we didn't know was there because it was dark as he!! out, even with our headlamps on.
    I went to get his phone and over the small drop off I went. I saved his phone though, I threw it up on the path. The water was only about halfway up to my knees but I was stuck, I'd still be there if not for him! Danny had to literally pull me back up to the path. Thanks Danny but next time you drop your phone, you or JR are gonna get it...:roll_eyes::smile2:
    I guess thats what friends are for, except for me throwing the 6' Copperhead at him.....:wink::smile2::smile2:
    I just hope my boots dry out before tonights trip!!!:confused2:

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    leave them state lakes alone, and fish a river...I expect fish pictures tonight.

16. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I voted for you John but Im voteing for Danny and Jr to pull you out of the river! Watch him Danny weve seen him in action!

Attached Files:

17. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't know how to poll but john you due ! have fun be careful

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it seems our buddy john needs to ware life jacket while bank fishing.:roll_eyes:

19. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Sounds like you all are having fun, Stay at it and sooner or later , That bigUn will come calling.

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:

Not only are you back "on the fishing scene" :0a23:, but I would like to add that It doesn't matter who catch the "Big One", Hell - if I could I would cast my vote for a three of you guys, - but the main thing is that:

"You guys getting out there & doing it"!
    :wink: