Going Fishing?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SmokinBarrel, Oct 8, 2009.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Anyone going to be on the river (Miss or MO) tomorrow morning / evening? Or, Saturday?

If so, I was planning to put in at Columbia Bottoms tomorrow morning around 11 a.m. and try to get some baitfish. Throw them on ice and fish later that evening or on Saturday. If you plan to be there say hello, or we can work together to get some baitfish.

Anyway, I was considering it, as I need to take the boat out at least one more time to run Stabil through the gas lines/motor.

2. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    ill be out there maybe meet up with FloatTripWille ...

3. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Rob,

U think the water will be way up because of all the rain? It may make catching bait much harder?

4. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well i will say around the higher the water the better the bait... at the spots around Columbia Bottoms.

More water = more flow = more bait's :)

5. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Rob,

I didn't make it out on the water today. But, I will be on the water tomorrow, around 1:00.

I pick up a Food Saver (Vacuum) at 11:30 that I bought for $25. So, extra bait will be a plus as I will vacuum seal them. AND, I plan to fish tomorrow evening after catching bait. From 5 til midnight.

I will be fishing solo if anyone is interested in tagging along, I have room for another wannabe catfisherman! :confused2::smile2:

I will be listening to the game on my portable radio. :smile2:

6. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    how about taking a cruz out here to the Hermann boat ramp tomorrow and wetting a line . Ill be doing the same thing