Going fishing tonight!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by 223Smitty, May 19, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was gonna go over to Westwood, but looked on the DNR website under "Places to Fish" & saw the West Fork of the Mighty White over in Noblesville, on 19 just north of 38. So I think I'll give it a try & put some of this new-found brain-food to use :tounge_out: . River fishin' sounds alittle more fun than the lake did anyways........

Smitty

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck,and keep us posted on your catch!!!Hope you catch a bigun'

3. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks! I'll let ya know if I did any good....outta here for now.........
    Smitty

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    There's some good fishing up that way on the river, if you have a canoe, there's some great spots.

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Got there about 7:30, had a hit right off the bat but no connection. Between 9:30-10:00 I caught 2 nice flatheads in the 4-5 lb range. I took my digital camera with me, took pics & released, saw the pics on the camera after taking them....came in to post them......and no pics?:angry:

The river is really swift & a 3oz weight did little. I ended-up fishing (and caught the 2) right at the bottom of the boat ramp, it was the only calm water I was able to fish. Probably shoulda went to Westwood.....but all in all still had a great time!

Smitty

6. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    I fished the White River on that same boat ramp a few times last year, no flatheads. I did catch a smallmouth big enough to engulf my 6 inch punkinseed. I'm planning on trying there again a few times this year. Have a good one, Chuck.