Going fishing this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by fishhunter, Jul 1, 2006.

1. fishhunter

fishhunter New Member

State:
    lagrange,mo
    I was going to fish the wing damns and dikes this weekend just wondering how does everyone reccomend fishing them? Do you anchor above them and fish below them? Do you fish the end where it meets the main channel? Do you fish right on top of them? I've never had a lot of luck around them. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hi Jason. Every method you mentioned can and does work. I prefer to fish the very tip of the dyke and place my lines right on the slack side of the current rip that comes off the dyke. Other folks, like Kutter, Like to fish the upstream side and let your baits back up against the bottom of the wall. Both methods are extremely productive if your using the right baits. i.e. threadfins, gizzards, skipjacks etc. There has been a pretty good flathead bite this past week on live baits. Good Luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

3. river_001

river_001 New Member

I am glad that that Jason is learning all kinds of information on this site. In the evolution of three years since I have been driving him around looking for catfish, I have finally got him to learn to throw the cast net. My back is thankful. lol. Now if we can learn to agree on where to fish. Just thought I would bust him up alittle.

This site is very informative and I have been a member for awhile. Thanks to all of your information and advice.

4. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Welcome to the BOC, river_001.