Going fishing this weekend might get down to -13

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FlatheadDreaming, Jan 3, 2010.

1. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I plan on going fishing this weekend, hopefully they keep running water so everything wont freeze up to much, I know Chris (CSCO) is down for the challenge and if scotty is done with his enclosure i bet he will be out there too! What about you Herb you gonna get in a boat and catch some cats!Hopefully everything works out well and we will have some more video for you guys! I think the hi on friday is 7 deg. sat is supposed to be 16 deg. With the lows getting clear up to -13 deg at night!!!!:smile2: :tounge_out::confused2::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:Get out the tostey toes and the propane heaters I think we are going to need them!!!!! Remember ANY day of fishing is better than the best day at work!

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Man I wish I could get down there. Dang work anyway. I would be out on the water with ya if I could. I would like to help with the encloser. Have fun be safe and good luck guys.

Tom

3. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Morris you are defenitely gettin ate up with the catfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went new years day and got a few blues below the dam,Got to talk to chris and ozman.It was cold enough that the eyes on the fishin rods would have ice on them,the cast nets were real bad,good thing we brought some liqiud heat.JACK DANIELS!!!!:smile2::smile2:
    WE got about 4 inches here and still snowin,went to feed catttle today and the tractor had ice in the lines.:angry:
    Things just dont work good when its this cold!!!!!!!!
    Be carefull!!:wink:

4. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    I feel a big one.:wink: It's about that time!! I hope all works out well. If not i guess ill be fishing from the bank, i am not feeling as confident about that though. I like being able to graph fish in the winter it gets my heart raceing, cuz i know they are there!!! I guess if the boat gets frozen in the river we can wait a while and walk back to the truck!:smile2::smile2: Who wants to take me back to pick it up when the river thaws!!!:smile2:

5. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    As of 30 min ago when I guit fishing the harbor was froze up down to the last dock.Also the dead water channel at the dam was froze up. They are running water still froze.

6. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Yep we will deff have to use the city ramp or put in down by the oar house!

7. FishinJack

FishinJack New Member

State:
    LakeoftheOzarks
    I assume by now (monday) you have thawed out. So did yall catch em?

8. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    we caught a bunch of fish. They were not exactley what we were after. Turned out we got into a mess of shad eating carp! LMAO, No Lie!! We were having a ball catching them though! They were surfacing and running like crazy alot more fun than the baby cats we were able to get!

9. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Yep, fish gotta eat but all those slabs of ice don't exactly thrill me. Can you Titanic...that would be my luck

10. FishinJack

FishinJack New Member

State:
    LakeoftheOzarks
    You caught Carp!? Sounds like a fish story! Ha That's crazy. You never know what you'll see on the water. I fish guite a bit and new things still surprize me all the time.