Going fishing in oliver tonight

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by Dixiedeer22, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Dixiedeer22

Dixiedeer22 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Going to try oliver tonight for some cats any suggestions???

2. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC Patrick.
    This is a little late but on the upper end of the lake you should pick up some good fish on jugs. Check out the Chattahoochee hilljack forum under the Tournaments section maybe you will come join us this Saturday for some fun on the river.

3. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta

welcome to the BOC Patrick. I wrote a response on the other thread. Like efrith said we are having a tourneyment this saturday. come check us out !!

4. Dixiedeer22

Dixiedeer22 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks ya'll.. When I get off workin Saturdays I will be ready to check ya'll out. Me and a friend of mine have been fishing in our Kayaks at night behind bulldog. We have found out that my friends dad will let us use his pontoon boat. Well we headed out with some live and cut bream and some jugs. We didn't want to go to far up the river not knowing what debris may be floating around at night. so we settled for the mouth of standing boy.First set was to far inside the creek. No luck! We moved out to the mouth and started to get some hits. We ended up with 3 ... 6 to 8 pound channel cats. And several baits cleaned off. This is a big learning process for us but its fun. I'm sure we will come check ya'll out soon.

PS. this is getting addictive!!

5. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Oh yea it is very addictive:smile2:

Glad to hear you caught some fish the other night Patrick and look foreward to seeing you at the river one day.

6. BFrith

BFrith New Member

State:
    Beulah, Alabama
    That is so true! I didn't do much catfishing for years until my brother got me back into it this past year now I can't stop. We did a lot when we were kids and on up into our thirties then I stopped but he kept on going, I'm glad he knocked some sense into me.