Going fishing in a bit

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Aug 7, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My wife has talked me into taking my 2 and 1/2 year old son to the lake and introduce him to bluegill fishing.

Now I know he is to young and dont know a fishing pole from a teddy bear, but we are going.

Please pray for me:big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Good Luck to you all! Take some pics, I guarantee he'll love it!
    Maybe next year you can get him using a bait caster for Flatties.:wink::smile2:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

John not good luck to you all, the wife aint going, I got to tackle this task alone:big_smile::big_smile::crazy:

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    he might surprise ya and out fish you ,,, now that would be something...:wink::big_smile:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

In that case, you have my prayers...:wink::smile2:
    I'm sure it'll go fine, he's gonna be learning to fish from the master!:cool2:
    I'm hitting the Ohio tonight, looking for my 40+lber...:wink::big_smile::cool2:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Have fun Jack and take some pics for sure. Some good bonding time!!

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck to you! Better take at least 1 cat pole with you! :wink:

9. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    me and my buddy were supposed to take his son (7 yr old) fishin for his first time, but his grand daddy took him first, and my buddies son ended up casting and hooking himself in the neck, and now he wont fish for squat lol. i told my buddy his son casts just like he does lol!!!!

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here are some pics of today, he actually waS not afriad to hold a bluegill which surprised me, proof is in pic 2 LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck Jack! Hope he catches 2 or 3 bucketsfull!

12. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    How cool is that? You get to take your son fishing, AND you come away with some bait. :) It's a win-win situation.

If it were a perfect world, while you were with your son, your wife would go out and net some Skips for ya.:big_smile:

13. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Started my grandsons when they were just a little short of three.7,8 and 9 now-bait their own hook,take fish off,help clean em and love to eat em.Man,its great.

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    start him off early..

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    looks like a flatman in training Jack.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He done Ok, I know he is to young to actually fish, I just want to get him used to being outside and take it slow.

But by next year he better be netting me shad, or I will not be buying him a toy everytime we go to Walmart!:smile2:

My dad taught me a little about hunting when I was grwing up, but he never took me fishing.

But by the age of 7-8 I knew I wanted to fish!:big_smile:

If it turns out he dont like to fish thats fine, I just want to give him that chance to decide.

But it sure would be nice when I am about 60 to have someone to pack my gear down to the River!:wink:

I told my wife that he had fun today, so she informed that tomorrow I need to go buy him his own fishing pole, should I get a sponge bob spincast out fit, or maybe a spiderman???

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  17. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I started Shelby around that age too. Her first rod was a whinnie the pooh tigger pole. It even floats. Shes had about 4 or 5 different rods now. Ever time Dad gets a new one she wants one too. I got her a tackle box last year and now all my lures have been coming up missing. LOL! Shes a great little fishing partner though, she really enjoys the time on the water and she loves to catch big fish! Ive taught her about catch and release and she understands why we do it.

18. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    spiderman or the hulk would do the trick.

19. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    you better thake him and let him decide on what pole to get.....i have personal experience with choosing the wrong fishing pole,lol

20. ProRocketJP

ProRocketJP New Member

State:
    Ohio
    CONGRATS to the lil' man!!! I have been in your shoes 2 times over now Jack if he likes it you have a fishing partner for life and memories that go beyond words.Well wish me luck I was here to see if we had any news on the Ohio river meeting my buddy @11 so me and my bait catching machine are headed out right now...

Attached Files: