Going down to fish Moultrie this weekend!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jun 24, 2009.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I am leaving out 4 AM Friday morning, will be back home late Sunday evening. Will be staying at Short Stay. Plan to fish around the lock and dam. Haven't seen any reports for that area so I guess I will have to wing it once I get there. I usually go down every year this time and fish that area with good success, hope that holds true this year. Will give a full report with pics if any on return. Good luck to every one this weekend and stay safe!!

Steve

2. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    He was 42 Lbs. I plan on using bream, perch, herring, and night crawlers to give them my usual buffet. We are gonna drift fish in the early AM and drift in the pm til we mark some good fish on the finder then anchor over them. Tha has given me more success this time of year.

Steve

3. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good luck. A buddy of mine lives down that way and he said they have been catching a mess of channels and a few blues using night crawlers and hearing. They are fishing around the dam anchored and drifting through stump fields.

4. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks for the report Ernie. We gonna give it a shot. I got a smorgashboard forem. Just went and got a few more baits to try on a hint from another member. I will be sure to give a full report on my return.

Steve

5. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    One more thing they have aslo been using sonny's stink bait. That is what most of the channels have been caught on. Do not know what "flavor" bait though.

6. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks for all the help! Thats why I love this site! Everyone is always a great help!

Thanks,

Steve

7. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well good luck fishing Steve. Dont catch them all or atleast leave a few for the rest of us...

I havent been there in a couple of years and I was thinking about going next monthe so let us know how it went.