Going Crazy

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Picksecky, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well...I've had enough of this cold, wet and crappy weather. I've checked my
    fishing gear and cleaned my tackle boxes about ten times now. It looks like we may get some decent weather next week and I'm going to be going somewhere. Roosevelt, Patagonia, Parker Canyon, Cluff Ponds or anywhere, just as long as I get away. I haven't been fishing for so long that I will probably have to "learn how" again. Looking at 70+ temperatures for next week, so get out if you can and Good Luck........Rick

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick,

If you are tired of the cold than you definately best steer clear of Northern AZ. I had mentioned about going ice fishing....well, the ice was about 10 inches thick. I took pics, but haven't had a chance to post them. I also was not able to fish for very long.

Ultimately I did get to go ice fishing in Arizona. It is cold up here for sure and I don't think that you would enjoy it here much.

Good luck on fishing and let us know how you do.

Ryan

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Rick I know what you are talking about ready for some warm weather:smile2:

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i think that the folks on Lake Powell will appreciate all the wet cold weather they can get, if the lake is still as low as it was last time i was there.

5. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I hear you on that James.......Powell, Mead, Havasau are all way down. We thought that El Nino was going to bring us some big rains this winter. But, so far it has been all wind and bluster. We have a big front coming through today, maybe something will happen.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Good luck Rick~
    I hear you bro.. Not too much longer and we will be lighting 'em up...
    Hang in there. Good luck if you go!
    ~Andy

7. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    One thing that I hope for is that with all the snow that Colorado has been getting maybe Powell, Mead, and Havasu will do okay.

The areas that I am really worried about are Bartlett, Roosey, and the other Arizona waters. There has been little moisture in the state so far this winter.

Ryan

8. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    your goin crazy.........lemme add to this

ive hit goin insane......

put a new bigger outboard on boat
    put a new bigger trolling motor on boat
    built a rod locker and storage for boat
    spooled 19 rods today, 8 being new. and im going to end up respooling 8 of em for putting 40# on instead of 50#
    spend almost 2k on gear this year..... AND........

I HAVENT FISHED SINCE MEMORIAL WEEKEND 2005

so yah...ive lost it

9. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Shawn....I was awed by your post and a little worried. Man, you really need to get your boat wet and feel some spray on your face. Drop a line or two in the water and see that line suddenly ripping off our reel. If this doesn't happen soon you will probably be like me and start going into Basha's and hanging around the fresh fish display, just for the aroma. Hang in there buddy, we don't have long to go...........Rick

10. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Enjoy the weather fellas its 5 degrees here.Hope you catch some monsters.:cool2:

11. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I finally got my boat in the water again. My Bro and I hit Patagonia on Wed. Hit the lake about noon and went looking for bluegills. About 4 pm we tied up at one of our hot spots. No luck. We tried all kinds combinations with live and cut bait. About 8:30 we were getting pretty frigid, so we hung it up. The flatties had lock jaw. It felt great to be out looking again. We think our next trip we be to Roosevelt to try for crappies, Good luck to all.