Going crazy chasing bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by grizzly, Aug 16, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    For 2 days now I have been to every ditch, creek and mudhole trying to catch some bream for bait. Not even 1 caught. Then I remembered a guy I used to work with telling me about a goldfish farm not to far away. Went to check it out today. The man there said he sold his culls for bait but was out today but if I come back tomorrow he'll have me some. He said if I take 10# or more the price is $2.00 per pound. Sounded cheap enough to me. Now I have to find someplace to keep 10# of goldfish. Guess I'll clean out the hot tub on the front porch for now. grizzly

2. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Hey this is just a thought if you have or can find an old chest freezer they work great for baitfish the insulation keeps the water cool and a good bubbler keeps bait alive for a loooong time

3. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Yeah, I had one years ago till it rusted out. It worked great, even kept 10# flatheads for a week. Guess I just need to get off my lazy butt and try to find another one. grizzly

4. r_do

r_do New Member

State:
    Paragould
    Hey ! Griz. I don't know where you live, but, if it is anywhere near Paragould, There are two very good bait houses here. Kueters and PILLOWS> BOTH SELL LIVE BAIT>
    i HAVEN'T BEEN ON LINE FOR A WHILE, BUT I AM GOING FISHING TONIGHT AND PLAN TO STAY FOR A DAY OR TWO. GOING TO LAKE HOAG.WENT TWO WEEKS AGO AND CAUGHT 12 CATS BETWEEN 2 AND 12 POUNDS.
    :lol:

5. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    No, I'm about 15 miles southeast of Searcy. Sounds like you been doing good. A friend and I fished Lake Conway last night and caught 3 flatheads, 30#, 12# and 6# and 2 channel cats 11# and 5#. Hope you have more good luck on your next trip. grizzly

6. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Grizzly, a buddy of mine in Carlisle has a fish farm and he sells goldfish for that same price and you don't have to buy 10#. He exclusively uses them on the Cache river for flatheads. For a livewell, I use one of those cheap large plastic tubs from wal mart and a Mr. Bubbles. Those goldfish are tough and will live a long time.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    hay brother were is lake Hoag how do you get to it:lol:

8. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Just follow 67 until just before Newport, and exit to the east towards Waldenburg. In Waldenburg Turn left onto US 49N. You'll see a Big brown sign telling where to go from there!
    Good luck!