Going catfishing tonight!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by thomcat, Aug 3, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    Hello there! Me, a freind & his wife (Jay) are going Cat Fishing tonight. I was wondering what ideas I could muster for bait? I need some new ideas. I'm sick of livers and worms. Just need some new insight and something new to try. Thanks.
    :big_smile:

2. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    I need some reviews of those dip baits? Anyone use em?
    How do you make those rigs with the sponge on them?
    Would looper rigs work for channels and bullheads?

I know I just need to learn some new refreshing information. LOL!
    (Also trying to get 10 posts so I can PM buddah) Shouldn't take long.

3. Just by some pictures I have come across here in the BOC catfish will basically eat anything they can get their mouth around.... even a basketball.

Here's a small list of good ideas for starters.

Chubs
    Shad
    Whole corn
    marshmallows
    sunfish
    bluegill
    Minnows (got desperate and put about 3 of them on one hook)
    Sometimes if there are berries on trees in the area your fishing in, there is a good chance they will bite on those too.

Thats a basic list that I use, but I am sure you will be told many many more.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    thomcat - I've been having some success this year using cutbait. Take a dead Bluegill, Perch, Chub, etc. and cut off the head and put it out on a circle hook (size 3/0 to 8/0 depending on how big the head is) then cut up rest of fish into strips about an inch wide and place on hook at one of the ends of bait. Try using a rod with a fairly soft tip (I've been using a med. action Ugly Stik for this) and let the fish load up the rod. Once rod is bent over and staying down just pick and start reeling. Fish on!:0a26:

5. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Thomcat, I'm not sure if your rod and reel fishing or juggin or what but if you go to the LIBRARY tab at the top of this link and scroll down to Bait there are really good post on purchasing bait. And also on making your own bait. These are tried and true methods from your BOC brothers and sisters. I'm sure you'll find something on there you can catchem with.... Good luck.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Ah Ha !!!! I wondered where you were getting all the new bait ideas TOM!! LOL... Tryin' to out fish me, huh?... heh,heh, It's on buddie. My house friday and bring yer Fishin pole! :lol:

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Oh yeah.... Bring some food. yer zuccini bread (hint, hint) :big_smile:
    P.S.
    Amy made me do it! :embarassed: